Valued Contributor
navigatethis12

FIA Reconsideration success

Just in case anyone is dealing with FIA...

I applied for an increase of 5000 from 1000 about two weeks ago. The gentleman on the telephone seemed to be having a bad day and hung up before I had a chance to say thank you and have a nice day after he declined it. I got the letter and it did not really say a reason, just that I had sufficient credit with them.

I rang today (1-866-421-8153) and got a very nice lady to look at it again. She said she was going to look at the credit report, but I am not sure if she had to pull another one or not. After a few seconds she said she was really impressed with the well handling of all the accounts I have and paying on time so well. She then happily approved for 5000. So it is always worth another ring to get a decline overturned. I was not going to but it just bothered me that I could not get it before.

I had a balance on it for a little bit to gain some interest in a rewards chequing account but after that I have not touched it.

Transunion score: 750 back in August, probably around the same now

Income: 35000

Opened account in February

Average age of accounts: Eleven months I think

Overall age: Two years, five months

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}