Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO 490 & NOW 740 ;)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO 490 & NOW 740 ;)

Ah, gotcha. Nevertheless, 680 isn't too shabby with that recent chargeoff either. My boyfriend has a charge off from 10/2007 that I'm reconciled to seeing for the full 7.5 years, so I'm glad good scores are still achievable with this mark on your report. He's almost there!
Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think that I am eligible for USAA because I am just a contractor that supports the warfighters.

Other than NAVY FCU what other prime Cards or CU are good to have? (Capital One, Discover, Amex, ect...)

Also is it advisable to get s store card to help a MIX of credit?

Thank you everyone for helping me.

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ChuckTexas,

I am new to myfico and I would like to know how you fixed your credit.  I am starting to read everything on this site and apply it.  This is as best as I can.  I have to be honest in that I m not familiar with any of the reports besides EQ.   After you pulled your reports and disputed some information what did you do next?  I am willing to do the work but I am just not sure what everyone is doing.

Thanks!

soontoeducatedconsumer

Message 13 of 27
tullz85
Frequent Contributor

educatedconsumer - how much reading have you done? Have you pulled your free credit reports? Do you have any CAs on your files, how maxed is your credit card (limit and current balance) etc?
Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

educatedconsumer wrote:

Hi ChuckTexas,

I am new to myfico and I would like to know how you fixed your creditI am starting to read everything on this site and apply itThis is as best as I canI have to be honest in that I m not familiar with any of the reports besides EQ.   After you pulled your reports and disputed some information what did you do nextI am willing to do the work but I am just not sure what everyone is doing.

Thanks!

soontoeducatedconsumer

Try to post your Credit Report building in There are new unread messages in this boardGeneral Credit Issues  

List what baddies are on your report but keep is discrete so that it is private

If you mention a local bank, instead of the name i would write "local bak" that way no on eknows wher eyou are from as this is a PUBLIC form.

List all negitive account and everyone will help

Pull 3 credit reports (One from each Credit ReportingAgency)

Send me a personal message when yoru done..

One last note. THis will take some time and maybee years. Just a fare warning.

Regards

(edited for one typo only)

Message Edited by Scamp on 04-19-2009 07:36 PM
Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi tullz85,

Thanks for your help. I signed up for ScoreWatch from Equifax 10 months ago.  I have been taking the recommendations from the site but I stumbled upon this site and realized I should be looking at my other credit reports.  I just ordered my report from Transunion which was a mess. I have some cleaning up to do.  I attempted to order my report from Experian but I am not able to order them online for free.  I had a user name years ago and because I did not remember it I am locked out of the online site..  I have to mail in a request to get a report. I filed Ch7 and it was dismissed in July of 2008.  I havent recently opened CC accounts with Cap 1 and Orchard to rebuild.  I have a secured card from my CU a month after discharge. I owe 65 of $1500.  I also have an auto loan of $8K as of Dec 08. 

TU 4/16/09 575

EQ 4/16/09 637

EX FAKO 4/13/09 680

Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chuck_texas,

I have two of my credit reports.  I have one more to pull.  Thanks for your help.  I am not too concerned with people knowing how bad my credit is I don't have any local banks but thanks for the advice. I am going to check out the forums. I wonder if I can have someone review my report.  I am recently coming back from bankruptcy which is a public record but before that I really didn't look at my credit report. 

TU 4/16/09 575

EQ 4/16/09 637

EX FAKO 4/13/09 680

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great..

Let me know when you post that on the General Form..

look forward to assisting you

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any one else have any suggestions about CC cards or Prime banks that will be of intrest to me.

Thanks

Chuck

Message 19 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

chuck_texas wrote:

Any one else have any suggestions about CC cards or Prime banks that will be of intrest to me.

Thanks

Chuck

What are you looking for?

--rewards
--initial 0% APR on purchases
--low regular APR (in other words, you plan to carry balances)
--ability to BT

and so forth.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.