Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Points On One Year Anniversary

tag
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

FICO Points On One Year Anniversary

Hi 

I have 4 credit cards, 2 MC, 1 Gas and 1 Department Store, that I applied for and got last October.

Does anyone have experience that on their one year anniversary date this October, how many points can I see my FICO score go up for each card I have?  

Thanks for your input! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: FICO Points On One Year Anniversary

Not enough info for sure.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

I have 4 credit cards, 2 MC, 1 Gas and 1 Department Store, that I applied for and got last October.

Does anyone have experience that on their one year anniversary date this October, how many points can I see my FICO score go up for each card I have?  

Last month I gained 12 points on my EQ from 4 inq's and 2 accounts turning 1 year old,  I went from 761 to 773,

I'm sure YMWV,

Message 3 of 7
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the update.  I am hoping for a similar result.
Message 4 of 7
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

For those who want to keep track, all my accounts on both reports are now 1 year old that I was thinking I would get a bump up on my scores on their anniversary and no bump.

Not only did the inquiries fall off the accounts due to age, the accounts became one year old. I did get a small bump up about 2 weeks before the one year mark but that is the hard thing to track because my utility went down to 3% so it is hard to know how much was utility and how much was age.  I would say zero for the anniversary.  Bummer. 

Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

If you keep your old score reports (as I hope that everyone here does!), see if you had a score bump when the last new account turned 6 months old. That should have gotten you out of the "new credit" bucket.

But otherwise, it's beginning to look as though 1 year isn't that big a deal, other than for the inqs no longer counting against you.

I did get score bumps at one year in the past, but they certainly weren't breath-taking. I definitely saw a bump when my only new-ish account hit 7 months recently.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Your UTIL level could play a role in the size of that bump. Higher UTIL - Bigger Bump / Lower UTIL - Lower Bump
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.