Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Question

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

FICO Question

Proportion (or ratio) of balances to credit limits on bank/national revolving or other revolving accounts is too high
Your FICO® Score evaluates the balances in relation to your available credit on revolving accounts. This is done looking at all of your revolving accounts, as well as looking at individual revolving accounts. In your case, this ratio of balances to credit limits is too high.

What does this mean? My Ulit is 4% could this mean because I have a lot of CC with balances?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO Question

I agree, I would lean towards too many cards reporting balances than your overall utilization.
Message 2 of 4
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Well thats weird then... do you have any store cards or something that it could be factoring in? I would dig deeper into this if i was you to see if something is reporting inaccurately. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 3 of 4
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@FairCredBen wrote:

Well thats weird then... do you have any store cards or something that it could be factoring in? I would dig deeper into this if i was you to see if something is reporting inaccurately. 

If it is reporting wrong it is helping my score out, went from 710 to 779.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.