Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Score Question

tag
NYFan63
Established Contributor

FICO Score Question

I just ran MyFICO TU and EXP CR's and they show a FICO Bankcard Score 8 which is about 14 points higher than the MyFICO credit score(FICO Score 8) on the report.  Which score do the Credit Card Companies use?

Thanks in advance.

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO Score Question

It varies from company to company. Some pull a vanilla 08 score, some still pull 04 scores (primarily credit unions) some pull one variety of bankcard enhanced and finally some may actually pull a vantage score (think credit karma) and some even have a proprietary internal scoring model. If you ask about a specific company most likely someone here can provide info on what score and which bureau was pulled.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NYFan63 wrote:

I just ran MyFICO TU and EXP CR's and they show a FICO Bankcard Score 8 which is about 14 points higher than the MyFICO credit score(FICO Score 8) on the report.  Which score do the Credit Card Companies use?

Thanks in advance.

It varies, some use the Bankcard Score, some use regular FICO score, some use their own internal scores and a few use FICO 04.  In short, it depends on the credit card company

Message 3 of 6
NYFan63
Established Contributor

Thanks pf and Irish.  I was thinking specifically of:

NFCU

Barcays

Capital One

Thanks again!

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

From reading here barclays is generally a straight 08 pull on TU. NFCU i dont know about. Cap 1 pulls all three bureaus, which flavor of score they use I don't know. They also have a serious habit of using old reports. Many people here report on rejection letters Cap1 is still using a pull from several months ago.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover pulled TU for me and it was FICO 8.  That's also the same score they provide every month, too.

I know some people get EX or EQ pulled for Discover, but I would assume those would also be FICO 8.

Cap One's TU for me is definitely NOT my FICO 8.  I'm not real sure what scoring model they used here but the score at the time was almost 80 points lower than my actual FICO 8 was.  That's the only one I'm actually seeing on paperwork even though they did do a 3 bureau pull.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.