Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Simulator & Financial Calculators

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO Simulator and other useful Financial Calculators

The Simulator when looking at your MyFICO reports does not seem to take into account that certain items will drop off, such as BK and collections.

Therefore, take your info and plug it into the Simulator Estimator (the link in OP) and you will be able to get decent gauge of the range  you should be in with that.

Message 11 of 19
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

I like to run the Estimator every 2-3 months. It's a great time machine, letting you know where you might have been, if only.

It doesn't seem to ask quite enough questions, though, which might fine-tune the projected score range a bit better.

Does the Simulator take into account my BK dropping which will be gone in 11 months? I find it hard to believe my TU score will remain basically unchanged in two years even though my average age will be 2 years higher.

I think what you'd have to do is re-run the sim with all the correct figures info from your reports, but this time when it asks if you've ever had a PR, answer "no." That will calculate your score as if it hadn't happened.

This is a problem with both the estimator and the sims --they don't project the effect of negatives dropping off in the near future.

Hauling I know the Estimator factors in no PR's I was wondering if the Simulator does. Judging by the numbers I get from it I would say no.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:

Hauling I know the Estimator factors in no PR's I was wondering if the Simulator does. Judging by the numbers I get from it I would say no.

Okay, senior moment.....remind me what PR is?  I scanned abbreviations thread and didn't notice a listing for it....so I guess I need a quick lingo lesson Smiley Happy

Message Edited by txjohn on 04-19-2009 06:09 PM
Message 13 of 19
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

Okay, senior moment.....remind me what PR is?  I scanned abbreviations thread and didn't notice a listing for it....so I guess I need a quick lingo lesson Smiley Happy

Message Edited by txjohn on 04-19-2009 06:09 PM

Public Record

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 04-19-2009 06:19 PM
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

okay....duh....I feel stupid Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry -

The Estimator does ask you if you have had any of the following:

10. Please indicate if you have ever gone through any of the following negative financial events in the last 10 years: bankruptcy, tax lien, foreclosure, repossession, or account referred to collection agency.

I think these items should be broken into a few separate categories, but if you have had any, including BK, you can factor it in.

If you want to estimate score after BK drops, then you would say no, unless you have remaining baddies that it covers. 

Message 16 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

smallfry wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

I like to run the Estimator every 2-3 months. It's a great time machine, letting you know where you might have been, if only.

It doesn't seem to ask quite enough questions, though, which might fine-tune the projected score range a bit better.

Does the Simulator take into account my BK dropping which will be gone in 11 months? I find it hard to believe my TU score will remain basically unchanged in two years even though my average age will be 2 years higher.

I think what you'd have to do is re-run the sim with all the correct figures info from your reports, but this time when it asks if you've ever had a PR, answer "no." That will calculate your score as if it hadn't happened.

This is a problem with both the estimator and the sims --they don't project the effect of negatives dropping off in the near future.

Whoops, your right --I was having my own senior moment. I was calling it the sim when I was thinking about the Estimator.

You're right, as best as I can tell, the sim doesn't look at when things might fall off your reports.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 19
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I haven't played with this Estimator in some time. I just answered all of the questions and my score range was

770-820. My current EQ score is 817, so I suppose its fairly accurate.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I plugged the numbers and it said 775 - 825 and before new accounts score was 814. 

I plugged numbers for after new accounts hit plus new inquiries, said 755-805 so we'll see if that's my new range after all new accounts join new inquiries.

Message Edited by txjohn on 04-20-2009 04:20 AM
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.