Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO deadzone?

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: FICO deadzone?

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

I think instead of a "dead zone", it should be called the "courage" zone (or substitute slang term for male reproductive organs). You aren't getting any offers (except, like others have mentioned, the ever-depressing credit one envelopes) and it is very hit or miss, but you can definitely get prime cards in that range. I got a Chase visa sig with a pulled fico of 645 (and a heck of a lot of recon, but still...) and just got instantly approved for Zync despite never getting a single offer when hitting the button on Amex web site (exp still somewhere high 600s). I've got several charge-offs, a previously defaulted perkins loan and a settled collection from 1/11 for one of those charge-offs (removed from EQ, working on the other 2). I know it gets said ad nauseum here, but the score is not the only factor. I envy people like my wife who get offers for things like Citi TY Premier and Amex platinum on a regular basis, but then again she never screwed up her credit like I did. I hope to someday have the pleasure of shredding offers for high-end cards, but for those willing to take the gamble, prime cards are available in this range.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bbb3601 wrote:

Just wondering if there is a fico "deadzone" between sub-prime and prime approvals. You know that area where you won't accept sub-prime cards and the good offers seem outta reach...... Sounds like a dumb question but I assume many of you have passed through this purgatory if it exists?  My best guess it lies between 630-670?

It exists. I've been in it for a couple years. 6 yo COs keeping me down.

I was able to get BofA Visa Sig...they are the one's who pulled my EX FICO. The credit analyst was running me through the ringer until I pointed out that I have a BofA mortgage in good standing. Was like the magic words.

But in the mail...I get my weekly CapOne auto refi offer and thats it!

Message 22 of 24
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@bbb3601 wrote:

Just wondering if there is a fico "deadzone" between sub-prime and prime approvals. You know that area where you won't accept sub-prime cards and the good offers seem outta reach...... Sounds like a dumb question but I assume many of you have passed through this purgatory if it exists?  My best guess it lies between 630-670?

It exists. I've been in it for a couple years. 6 yo COs keeping me down.

I was able to get BofA Visa Sig...they are the one's who pulled my EX FICO. The credit analyst was running me through the ringer until I pointed out that I have a BofA mortgage in good standing. Was like the magic words.

But in the mail...I get my weekly CapOne auto refi offer and thats it!

Same situation here. Mine are hitting the 7 to 7-1/2 year mark this year and are due to fall off. I'm sincerely hoping that this gets me out of the dead zone.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 23 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I'm starting to feel this way about the 6yr old Tax Lien reporting on EX/EQ. When does the DoFD delinquencystart with this? When it was originally reported or when it was released?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.