Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO deadzone?

tag
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO deadzone?

I think it depends on whether you have a BK on your record. 650+ often gets you approved with low limits for Discover, Citi, BOA, and even AMEX Zync (500 hard limit). 650+ with BK gets you NOTHING from the aforementioned lenders, but will usually get you in with fringe prime lenders like Barclay.

Just depends on the whole of the profile and the nature of the baddies/history.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 11 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

I think it depends on whether you have a BK on your record. 650+ often gets you approved with low limits for Discover, Citi, BOA, and even AMEX Zync (500 hard limit). 650+ with BK gets you NOTHING from the aforementioned lenders, but will usually get you in with fringe prime lenders like Barclay.

Smiley Mad

I luv me some Barclays!!! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 24
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

True I recieved 1k from Barclay's while I was in the 630's, but shush don't remind them!!! lol

Seems as if many don't consider them prime anymore.

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 13 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bbb3601 wrote:

True I recieved 1k from Barclay's while I was in the 630's, but shush don't remind them!!! lol

Seems as if many don't consider them prime anymore.

Some people do say that here. IMO, they've been fantastic so far with me but I would like some rewards on my Barclaycard!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 24
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I am in that dead zone even with EQ 709 and TU 729.  It seems like I have had those scores forever.  It is because of a civil judgment against me on these 2 reports, and they will be there for 2  more years.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 15 of 24
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@CreditCrusader wrote:

Smiley Mad

Now now...Barclay fanatic and card-holder here as well!! Smiley Very Happy

Please allow me to amend...PRIME lenders like Barclay, who offer no AF and deferred-interest lending for companies like Apple, are OK with BK Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 16 of 24
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

For me, I definately felt it....  Seems like it was between 650-690

Sounds about where mines fell tooSmiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 17 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@CreditCrusader wrote:

Smiley Mad

Now now...Barclay fanatic and card-holder here as well!! Smiley Very Happy

Please allow me to amend...PRIME lenders like Barclay, who offer no AF and deferred-interest lending for companies like Apple, are OK with BK Smiley Happy

Thank you Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 24
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

I think instead of a "dead zone", it should be called the "courage" zone (or substitute slang term for male reproductive organs). You aren't getting any offers (except, like others have mentioned, the ever-depressing credit one envelopes) and it is very hit or miss, but you can definitely get prime cards in that range. I got a Chase visa sig with a pulled fico of 645 (and a heck of a lot of recon, but still...) and just got instantly approved for Zync despite never getting a single offer when hitting the button on Amex web site (exp still somewhere high 600s). I've got several charge-offs, a previously defaulted perkins loan and a settled collection from 1/11 for one of those charge-offs (removed from EQ, working on the other 2). I know it gets said ad nauseum here, but the score is not the only factor. I envy people like my wife who get offers for things like Citi TY Premier and Amex platinum on a regular basis, but then again she never screwed up her credit like I did. I hope to someday have the pleasure of shredding offers for high-end cards, but for those willing to take the gamble, prime cards are available in this range.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@john398 wrote:

I am in the middle there and I still get Credit One approvals LOL

I mean letters

I got one recently and thought it was a VISA black lol (big black envelope)  I'm stuck in the mid 600's gardening and just got a BestBuy MC letter Smiley Frustrated

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.