Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO score with short history.

tag
syul9088
Established Member

FICO score with short history.

Hi all,
I was trying to check my Fico score here, but after I purchased EX report and score, they made me call them to verify some info. And when I called them I was told that i have to wait at least two years with my SSN to get a fico score. I just got my SSN two month ago, and recently got an approval from Discover IT($500),Amex($8200),freedom($6000),slate($1000). When I get my actual card in mailbox I was received letter with my EX Fico 753, TU Fico 758. I dont know EQ score. Is that normal that lender knew my Fico score then why am I not able to get fico score from here?? And like I said I had very thin credit file and history, so my score are meaningless??
Thanks in advance

Chase Freedom(6k), Chase Slate(1k), Amex BCP(5k AU), Amex Plat(NPSL AU), Amex Delta Plat(3k AU)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: FICO score with short history.

I believe the 2 year thing is only with myFICO.  It is the only place I have ever heard that rule.

If the letters you received said they are FICO scores, then they are.  Did either one give you a score range?  They could be different versions/models of a FICO score but a FICO nontheless.

Message 2 of 7
syul9088
Established Member

@guiness56 wrote:

I believe the 2 year thing is only with myFICO.  It is the only place I have ever heard that rule.

If the letters you received said they are FICO scores, then they are.  Did either one give you a score range?  They could be different versions/models of a FICO score but a FICO nontheless.

It said Fico score not plus score. And TU Fico from Discover. Score range from 300 to 850.  

Chase Freedom(6k), Chase Slate(1k), Amex BCP(5k AU), Amex Plat(NPSL AU), Amex Delta Plat(3k AU)

Message 3 of 7
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Yupp same here. I can get my FICO score from EQ SW, Discover, Wally, but not from myFico. You need to have your SSN for at least 2 years, before myFICO will provide it. It is some sort of security they've told me.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 4 of 7
askme3012
New Contributor

Dont mind if I sound a bit skeptical about this.. but you said:

"I just got my SSN two month ago, and recently got an approval from Discover IT($500),Amex($8200),freedom($6000),slate($1000)" and  " received letter with my EX Fico 753, TU Fico 758"

To me that doesnt make any sense. If you've got ur SSN 2 months ago, there is no way ur FICO scores will be generated leave alone 753 and 758. It takes atleast 6 months of credit history with your 1st credit card to generate the score ( telling from personal experience as a beginner).

So unless you are commiting an identity theft or there is more to this story, there is no point in adding any suggestions here.

US Bank Cash+ $18.9K || Discover IT $29.3K || Barclays Arrival $6K || AMEX BCE $50K || Chase Freedom $7K || First Tech CU $12K ||First Tech CU $25K || CSP $25K || BofA Cash Rewards $12K || Citi TYP $12K || IHG Rewards $15K
Starting Score: All CRAs : Started from scratch
Current Score: TU 821 , EQ 816 (Credit Karma) EX FICO 798
Goal Score: All CRAs : 800+

Message 5 of 7
syul9088
Established Member

@askme3012 wrote:

Dont mind if I sound a bit skeptical about this.. but you said:

"I just got my SSN two month ago, and recently got an approval from Discover IT($500),Amex($8200),freedom($6000),slate($1000)" and  " received letter with my EX Fico 753, TU Fico 758"

To me that doesnt make any sense. If you've got ur SSN 2 months ago, there is no way ur FICO scores will be generated leave alone 753 and 758. It takes atleast 6 months of credit history with your 1st credit card to generate the score ( telling from personal experience as a beginner).

So unless you are commiting an identity theft or there is more to this story, there is no point in adding any suggestions here.

Sorry to make you confused.. I should say that I was an AU on my DW's Credit card for a year. But at that time I did not have a SSN. After I got I put my SSN in all of my AU cards. According to TU report, they had my file since end of 2012. So My credit history at least over 1 year old.. But after I have received my SSN and history with my SSN is only 2 month now.. I did not expect that I was approved all of my new cards. But luckly I got accpeted from them.

Message 6 of 7
askme3012
New Contributor

I suppose thats better... 

I have had a similar experience with myFICO.. it is what it is .. SSN should be 2 years old in order to get score from myFICO. THere are other means of obtaining TU FICO which are provided by Walmart, Barclays and Discover. 

US Bank Cash+ $18.9K || Discover IT $29.3K || Barclays Arrival $6K || AMEX BCE $50K || Chase Freedom $7K || First Tech CU $12K ||First Tech CU $25K || CSP $25K || BofA Cash Rewards $12K || Citi TYP $12K || IHG Rewards $15K
Starting Score: All CRAs : Started from scratch
Current Score: TU 821 , EQ 816 (Credit Karma) EX FICO 798
Goal Score: All CRAs : 800+

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.