Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO vs. FAKO – Share your FAKO stories

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO vs. FAKO – Share your FAKO stories

We went car shopping awhile back and the lender Bank of American and a credit union pulled my husband's credit and it came out to 728. Fico 8 through AmEx had him at 703. Credit Karma had him at 680. 

Crazy how much the scores differ.  Just a heads up. 

CK is always lower for us. They'll have us at about 670-680 while our Fico 8 is about 700 or more. 

Message 191 of 338
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been lurking for a few months here. I have several FAKO scores, but today I finally subscribed to the $1 trial of Credit Check Total for my Fico 8 scores. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. I'm don't have great scores, but they were higher than my fall scores, some by quite a bit!
FAKO:
Creditwise- 582
Credit One- 518
Credit Karma- TU 587, EQ 595
Discover Scorecard- 604

True FICO 8- TU 590, EQ 616, EX 609

I'm so happy two of those are out of the 500's. I've had awful credit so long I had no hope. Finally things are starting to look up!
Message 192 of 338
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

Discover scorecard is a true Fico 8 score based on Experian data - i.e EX Fico 8.

Credit Karma shows VantageScore 3.0 results.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 193 of 338
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im new to myFICO Forum "Hi". Reading all these top post and came across this one. After reading it I do have my own instance. I use creditkarma and have noticed that my score is like always 60 points lower than what it actually is through that site. Has anyone else noticed this? CapitalOne free score also is lower. American Expess I have noticed seems to be the closest to my true FICO score when I run my own report. 

Message 194 of 338
Anonymous
Not applicable

No matter where I get a FAKO score, I always seem to run into the same problem. My dad and I share our name and for most of my life, we also shared an address. My FICO scores are normal and my credit reports accurate, but whenever I sign up for a FAKO score, one or more of his cards impact my score. Namely, he has a Macy's card that they always seem to think is mine. FAKO scores therefore estimate my length of credit to be longer than my length of life! And no, he has never added me as an authorized user to that account.

Message 195 of 338
PrinceCorwin
Regular Contributor

I was under the assumption that your FICO was generally lower than your CK FAKO. My FICO scores are actually higher across the board. Anyone else have this experience

Message 196 of 338
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Prince Corwin, not really sure about that. My CK scores and FICO8 scores were about the same and then a few weeks ago, my CK TU and EQ scores dropped like 40-50 points. No new inqs, no new baddies, only ontime payments and lowering of balances. I think a student loan was added because I am currently a student. My FICO scores stayed the same or went up. So I have no idea what is going on over at CK. I am only looking at FICO nowadays.

Message 197 of 338
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK has me at 726/729 

I love seeing it even though I know it's not real.

Message 198 of 338
DeeCorey
New Contributor

Hello, all.

I've been rebuilding for a little over a year now, and for the longest time my CK/Vantage score was always LOWER than my FICO 8 score. When I first started rebuilding CK had me at 534/534 while my EX FICO 8 score was 593. Nearly a 60-point difference! For most of last year my FICO was always about 60 pts higher than my score on CK. 

Then at some point about a few months ago, my FICO and FAKO scores were right around the same. My FAKO score caught up with my FICO (CK TU had me at 661 and EX FICO 8 was 656). Then, frustratingly enough, last month my Fingerhut account gave me a $600 CLI, and I paid down my balances, resulting in my CK FAKO scores jumping 30 points to 691. My FICO 8 score did not budge - even AFTER the update. My EX FICO 8 score stands at 656 - even though my UTIL dropped from 60% to 39% and my FAKO scores jumped over 30 points. Needless to say that irritated the heck out of me. Last time I paid my CC balances down back in October my FICO 8 score jumped 35 points!

As a result of my FICO not moving, my CK scores are now over 30 points HIGHER than my FICOs, so they've flip-flopped since last year. I just don't get it. Smiley Mad

Message 199 of 338
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loopyman76 wrote:

Hello, all.

I've been rebuilding for a little over a year now, and for the longest time my CK/Vantage score was always LOWER than my FICO 8 score. When I first started rebuilding CK had me at 534/534 while my EX FICO 8 score was 593. Nearly a 60-point difference! For most of last year my FICO was always about 60 pts higher than my score on CK. 

Then at some point about a few months ago, my FICO and FAKO scores were right around the same. My FAKO score caught up with my FICO (CK TU had me at 661 and EX FICO 8 was 656). Then, frustratingly enough, last month my Fingerhut account gave me a $600 CLI, and I paid down my balances, resulting in my CK FAKO scores jumping 30 points to 691. My FICO 8 score did not budge - even AFTER the update. My EX FICO 8 score stands at 656 - even though my UTIL dropped from 60% to 39% and my FAKO scores jumped over 30 points. Needless to say that irritated the heck out of me. Last time I paid my CC balances down back in October my FICO 8 score jumped 35 points!

As a result of my FICO not moving, my CK scores are now over 30 points HIGHER than my FICOs, so they've flip-flopped since last year. I just don't get it. Smiley Mad

I noticed that reducing my utilization realy affected my CK scores more than my FICOs also. I reduced it from about 35% to 8%. FICO EQ got a nice 12 point jump, FICO EX 9, and FICO TU got a measly 2 or 3 points.  Both CK scores shot up about 25.

TU was the one I was hoping to improve the most. I would have kept the $2500 in savings in lieu of a few point raise!

Message 200 of 338
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.