cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO vs. FAKO – Share your FAKO stories

Valued Contributor

Re: FICO vs. FAKO – Share your FAKO stories

So my recent CK scores were 683 and 697. I applied for a mortgage this week and my scores were 676, 693, 709. Not too far off.

My wife recent CK scores were 677, 675. Her mortgage scores were 680, 712, 705. Big Difference esp regarding the TU and Exp scores. My FICO scores are usually higher than my CK scores. True Identity last showed me at 704, 710, 708 and my wife at 701, 696, 710.

AX BCP 15k, (AU on ED 7k,) BC Ring 11.5K, BC Arrival+ 9.5k, BC AA Aviator 4K, AKUSA FCU -10k , Comenity Blue Nile 11k, Discover (2) 11k , Kohls-4k, CHASE Amazon Prime VS 500, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, BofA Secured $500, Synchrony Cathay Pacific Visa 9k, Synchrony E-bates Visa $2.4k, PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 18k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards 21.5 k, NFCU Go Rewards 24k , NFCU Flagship 31.5k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $3250, Target 1k, BLIS PAY 5k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture 23k, 259k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-707, EX 702,TU 715 Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 21 of 121
Former myFICO Employee

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks to all of you who shared your credit confusion stories. It’s been incredibly valuable to hear about your experiences with other types of credit scores and how your FICO® Scores compared.

We think it’s extremely important for people to understand the difference between FICO Scores and non-FICO Scores in order to manage their financial health effectively. Your stories are a critical part of helping people understand the difference.

I’m excited to announce the launch of FICOScore.com and FICOScore.com/stories! FICOScore.com is a purely educational website providing educational content about FICO Scores. FICOScore.com/stories is a community-driven sister site that allows people to read credit confusion stories, like and share stories they find useful, and submit their own non-FICO score experiences.

You’ll notice that we used some of the stories seen here. If you have any concerns or would like yours edited, please don’t hesitate to contact me via PM.

And for those of you who haven’t posted, I encourage you to go to FICOScore.com/stories and share your credit confusion experiences.

Message 22 of 121
Super Contributor

Wow! Very Nice and Detailed New Site Kelsey_H

Thank You!

Message 23 of 121
Former myFICO Employee

CreditMagic7 wrote:

Wow! Very Nice and Detailed New Site Kelsey_H

Thank You!

Very happy to hear you like it! 

Message 24 of 121
Valued Contributor

A helpful resource esp to those who are new to credit. Thanks !

AX BCP 15k, (AU on ED 7k,) BC Ring 11.5K, BC Arrival+ 9.5k, BC AA Aviator 4K, AKUSA FCU -10k , Comenity Blue Nile 11k, Discover (2) 11k , Kohls-4k, CHASE Amazon Prime VS 500, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, BofA Secured $500, Synchrony Cathay Pacific Visa 9k, Synchrony E-bates Visa $2.4k, PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 18k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards 21.5 k, NFCU Go Rewards 24k , NFCU Flagship 31.5k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $3250, Target 1k, BLIS PAY 5k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture 23k, 259k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-707, EX 702,TU 715 Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 25 of 121
Frequent Contributor

No explanation necessary... wish my FICO scores were the high ones.

Message 26 of 121
Frequent Contributor

CK currently has me at 677; just signed up for Experian and EX gave me a FICO 8 of 719.

EX FICO 8: 763 | EQ FICO 8: 756 | TU FICO 8: 765
Message 27 of 121
Established Member

drgurbz wrote:

That's what I said,but according to people on these forums, CK scores are damn near accurate:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/AMEX-application-denied-No-hard-hit/m-p/432...

AMEX PRG| Capital One QuickSilver $7.5K| Chase Sapphire Preferred $6K| Chase Marriott Premier Rewards $6K| Chase Freedom $2.2K| AMEX BCE $9K| Discover IT $3.4K| Barclays CashForward $6K| Wells Fargo Platinum $1K|
Message 28 of 121
Established Member

drgurbz wrote:

That's what I said,but according to people on these forums, CK scores are damn near accurate:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applic​ations/AMEX-application-denied-No-hard-hit/m-p/43...

AMEX PRG| Capital One QuickSilver $7.5K| Chase Sapphire Preferred $6K| Chase Marriott Premier Rewards $6K| Chase Freedom $2.2K| AMEX BCE $9K| Discover IT $3.4K| Barclays CashForward $6K| Wells Fargo Platinum $1K|
Message 29 of 121
Established Member

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applic​ations/AMEX-application-denied-No-hard-hit/m-p/43...

Message 30 of 121