Frequent Contributor

Re: FICO vs. FAKO – Share your FAKO stories

CK

TU  723

EQ 724

MYFICO

TU  723

EQ  576

No typo,  huge difference in the EQ, nearly 150 points ! Beware !

Huge difference in EQ !!!

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Established Member

1. Where did you get your FAKO score?
  2. Which FAKO score did you receive and from which bureau?
  3. Where did you get your genuine FICO® Score?
  4. Which FICO® Score did you receive and from which bureau?
  5. What type of loan/credit were you applying for? (type, rate, terms, etc. are all helpful)
  6. Share your FAKO story (What was your first impression when you received your FAKO score? How did you figure out that it was not a FICO® Score or that it was different than a FICO® Score? How did the FAKO score impact your loan/credit experience? )

1 & 2- Vantage Score 3 FAKO's from Credit Karma (TU-751, EQ-749), Credit Sesame (TU-732), Quizzle (TU-750), Credit.com (EX-746), USAA (EX-728), CapOne (TU-751)

3 & 4- FICO Score 8's from Amazon Store Card (TU-782), AMEX (EX-764), Barclay (TU-769), Citi (EQ-787), Discover (TU-785)

FICO Score 5? from DCU (EQ-738)

5- Only credit cards (CapOne QS, USAA Amex, CIti Simplicity). No loan plans for house (free and clear) or car (last payment next week!) anytime soon.

6- My only impression is that it seems the FAKOs used by the credit monitoring services are intended to make you think your credit score is lower than it actually is, perhaps to encourage you to use those services to improve your scores. I've never applied for a mortgage loan and it's been five years since my last auto loan application.  All I recall from that experience was that I had seen my FAKO from one of those monitoring sites and thought I had a 660-670 score, but the salesman came back and said my score was somewhere in the 740s, getting me a decent rate.

As of 11/6/2016
FICO8- EQ- 787, TU-782, EX-764
VAN3- EQ- 752, TU-754, EX-746
EX NEX- 754

How did you go about getting the EQ score up?

Experian: 

FICO: 686

USAA Vantage: 715

Equifax:

FICO: 694

CK: 717

TU:

FICO: 689

CK: 713

I guess it's not a huge difference, but I really like seeing the 700 range on my FAKOs.  Oh well, hopefully I'll get there soon.  Another intersting thing: my AAoA on FICO reports ranges between 7-9 years.  On CK, it shows 1 year only.  I don't think they're taking the old baddie into account as much as FICO is. So maybe this is a snapshot of what my FICO scores will be when it falls off in May? 

I'm curious why we are comparing apples to oranges in some cases. If sites like CK and Cap 1 CW are using V3 then why would we compare it to Fico scores? They use different scoring models. 

Just here observing and learning!
Super Contributor

SilkMandel wrote:

I'm curious why we are comparing apples to oranges in some cases. If sites like CK and Cap 1 CW are using V3 then why would we compare it to Fico scores? They use different scoring models. 

I agree!   There can be similarly large variations in FICO 8 vs the 04 versions for example.   I think the thread was more FICO marketing than anything else.   Though, to be fair, credit card lenders are generally more likely to be looking at some version of FICO than at Vantage.   But you still need to knw WHICH model for some of the issuers

Frequent Contributor

CURRENT SCORES:

FAKO:

CK-TU: 704

CK-EQ: 702

Credit.com-EX: 694

FICO:

8-TU: 676

8-EQ: 684

8-EX: 655

Good thing I went to check for my MyFICO real scores.. I would have been so excited and went straight the an Auto Dealership with my CK scores.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Current FICO 8 Scores as of 02/17/17: TU: 687 - EQ: 683 - EX: 649

Cards: Amex Platinum & BCE 1K, Chase Fdm Ultd 1K, Jetblue 11.5K, Quicksilver 5K, Discover IT 8K, PenFed Plat Rwrds 8.5K, Amazon Prime Visa 3K, Citi Scrd 200.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

FAKO:

CreditXpert Scores: EX [672] | EQ [681] | TU [677]

CreditKarma VantageScore 3.0: TU [754] | EQ [757]

CapitalOne CreditWise VantageScore 3.0: TU [754]

FICO 8

American Express FICO 8: EX [698] 

Bank of America FICO 8: TU [706]

So, basically I'm all over the map. I'm assuming FICO 8 is more accurate than VantageScore 3.0 or CreditXpert scores? Both AmEx and BofA claim "the scores that lenders use," though that seems like it's a FICO 8 catchphrase or marketing tagline, to be honest. Thoughts?

CreditXpert Scores: EX [672] | EQ [681] | TU [677] | American Express FICO 8: EX [698]

Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

So I used one of my cards FNBO and put 67% balance on it to take advantage of 0% APR for 15/mo. Standard practice! My over all utilization is about 11% for now.

I figured my credit score would go down because of that one account and sure enough it did. Between 3 credit bureaus my FICO went down about 3 to 5 points. Seems reasonable and no complain.

Looked at Credit Karma and score went down -57 POINTS!!! Wahhhhht! I thought I missed a new collection or something but no! just the same balance reported that caused the massive drop!

No wonder why none of the banks use VantageScore for their final financial decision. Talk about Mickey Mouse algorithm...

Valued Member

Credit karma- TU-610, EQ-579
MyFico-TU-684, EQ-697, EX-720.

I never did believe CreditKarma was correct. In my case, it hasn't been very helpful.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.