Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY! Gave Cap One the Axe!

tag
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

Re: FINALLY! Gave Cap One the Axe!

@rbizzle wrote:

So after long hard thought....i gave Cap one the axe last night.  My annual fee came due and i asked them to waive it and they said nope not happenin.  Mind you ive had this card for 3 years stuck at $750 & a $39 annual fee....needless to say when i told them i wanted to cancel they were all to happy to give me the boot!  Oh well i didn't need them anways if thats how they want to act! LOL

Thats awesome! It was a great feeling when I axed my Cap1 as well. I closed my Orchard a few weeks ago, this marked the end of the Subprimes for me. Though they did accomplish their mission which was to reclaim my Fico scores from the pits of hell. It almost brought a tear to my eye... almost..thats when I remembered theyhad annual fees. Smiley Very Happy

Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@frogfan12 wrote:

Yay! I'm glad someone was able to get rid of them. Once my utilization lowers a bit, I'm giving one of my Capital One cards the axe. The other one I'll keep since they don't have foreign transaction fees and I'm going abroad for my graduation present next summer. Smiley Happy

That sounds like fun.  I would love to take a trip overseas somewhere.  Enjoy and congrats on your pending graduation.  I still have until Spring 2014.

Message 12 of 20
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@frogfan12 wrote:

Yay! I'm glad someone was able to get rid of them. Once my utilization lowers a bit, I'm giving one of my Capital One cards the axe. The other one I'll keep since they don't have foreign transaction fees and I'm going abroad for my graduation present next summer. Smiley Happy

That sounds like fun.  I would love to take a trip overseas somewhere.  Enjoy and congrats on your pending graduation.  I still have until Spring 2014.

Im going to be in school to at least 2015 ;(   I want to go to Europe or Japan when Im done.

Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 13 of 20
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Thats awesome! It was a great feeling when I axed my Cap1 as well. I closed my Orchard a few weeks ago, this marked the end of the Subprimes for me. Though they did accomplish their mission which was to reclaim my Fico scores from the pits of hell. It almost brought a tear to my eye... almost..thats when I remembered theyhad annual fees. Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Very Happy

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 14 of 20
MrChairman
Established Contributor

I have thought about this several times. I keep this card for two main reason. 1.) My interest rate is 7% 2) Although my limit is 1500 and I don't think it will go any higher, it is one of my biggest credit limits. My UTL is hovering around 40% right now, just as soon as I get it down to 15% of below, I am going to try to get CLI on my other cards. We'll see what happens...

Starting Score:TransUnion: 698 (12 FEB 2010), Equifax: 674 (12 FEB 2010)
Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 684 (12 SEP 2016), Equifax: 696 (12 SEP 2016), Experian: 679 (12 SEP 2016)
Goal Score:All scores All scores at least 700+ by December 2017!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MrChairman wrote:

I have thought about this several times. I keep this card for two main reason. 1.) My interest rate is 7% 2) Although my limit is 1500 and I don't think it will go any higher, it is one of my biggest credit limits. My UTL is hovering around 40% right now, just as soon as I get it down to 15% of below, I am going to try to get CLI on my other cards. We'll see what happens...

What other cards do you have?? Are any of them GE?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 20
FrugalRican
Blogger

Congrats.

I'll tell you what ISN'T in your wallet anymore.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 17 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

Congrats.

I'll tell you what ISN'T in your wallet anymore.

Them commercials were kinda corny to me.....................Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrChairman wrote:

7% from Cap One, really?  That seems insane to me.  My PSECU card is 9.9% and I thought that was incredible.

Message 19 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MrChairman wrote:

7% from Cap One, really?  That seems insane to me.  My PSECU card is 9.9% and I thought that was incredible.

Yea that is a very good rate from Cap1! How long have you had the card MrChairman?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.