Valued Member

FINALLY Got Citi Approval!

So as I posted earlier I’ve been "Status Pending" for over a month while they verify identity, Today I decided to check again and to my surprise it said I was Approved!

..The bad news it’s a $500 limit, way below the 1500 on my WF card, is it worth a recon? Do they even do recons?

Not sure why but I’m slightly perturbed (I guess that’s the word?.Kind of annoyed but not really...) at the toy limit :smileyindifferent:

On the bright side I got the best APR available for the Student card...9.74 plus prime

Anyway I believe I’m set as far as credit goes now..I guess its time to garden?

-WF Platinum:            $1500

-Amex Zync:                NPSL

-Citi Div Plat Select:  $500

Thanks for all the advice on here!

Regular Contributor

Re: FINALLY Got Citi Approval!

Congratulations!!!  I want in with Citi so bad I can taste it! LOL! Hopefully they will give you an increase after some history with them.  I wonder how they are with CLI's?? I'm new to the boards so I need to do some searching about that.

Congrat's again! ENjoy the new card!

Regular Contributor

WOOHOO!!! Awesome!!! Good For You!!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit :smileyhappy:
Valued Member

Tommy5746 wrote:

WOOHOO!!! Awesome!!! Good For You!!

Thanks for the congrats guys, I love the penguins! :smileyvery-happy:

So, I still have a question about the recons- has anyone had success with them on recons after acceptance? I know they dont do recons with denials but perhaps if you ask nicely?....Not that I've had a good experiance so far with thier front lines....everyone had a different story about what was going on with my card lol

Also, I've read on heere that some of you have been able to change Citi cards to MasterCard versions, is this possible with the Citi Plat Select Div card? Or is it only for people who were customers previously? If it's possible I would have Visa, MC and Amex...should leave all bases covered :smileyvery-happy:

Valued Member

Congrats!

sIn Wallet: $4500 USAA Amex, $3300 Chase Amazon, $1500 PenFed Visa
In Sock Drawer: $5200 Walmart Discover, $750 Crapital One Journey, $300 Target RedCard
Starting Score: 743 TU (Walmart)
Current Score: 762 EX 744 EQ 762 TU
Goal Score: 800
Regular Contributor

I would wait 6 months and request a cli.  If you try to ask one they are going to say your file is too old and do another HP then deny it.

Frequent Contributor

+1

Valued Member

lanc wrote:

I would wait 6 months and request a cli.  If you try to ask one they are going to say your file is too old and do another HP then deny it.

Thanks for the info, I figured it would be something like that. On the plus side your reply made me laugh for some reason.

So that leaves the question about the change to master card? I don't really need to change it but it would be nice to have three different options available to me.

Valued Contributor

You can call but may have to wait 6-12 months for a MasterCard conversion, I think it is possible.

Senior Contributor

I'd be careful w Citi yall... Read the thread about a person getting a CLD from a $15k limit to a $300 limit. Citi is shady
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.