cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY-I've waited 7 years for this. Today I celebrate! Now what?

tag
audia4
Established Contributor

Re: FINALLY-I've waited 7 years for this. Today I celebrate! Now what?

Also, I have been getting a lot of offers in the mail lately from different cc companies and when I pulled the report it showed that a lot of places have been doing a soft pull on my credit.

If I go ahead and send in for one of these offers, will they end up pulling a hard pull on my credit to actually give me the card?

TU: 819 EQ: 821 EX 811

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 11 of 45
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Yes, they will still do a hard pull even thought you have pre qualified offers...however you may get better limits or APRs now that that baddie is gone Smiley Very Happy
Message 12 of 45
audia4
Established Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:
Credit scores do change on a day to day, and maybe more frequent, basis. So as soon as those items drop off, your score is updated to reflect the new report!

Hopefully your score did go up, but it is hard to tell. As someone else mentioned, you could have been rebucketed. This means that people with certain qualifiers are graded against one another. For example, you had a great score for someone with one baddie. Now that you have no baddies, depending on what your profile looks like, your score may not jump as high as you think, or go down a little, because now you're being judged by others who have no baddies.

You should be okay for applying for anything you think you need at this point in time, but before you do, post another thread indicating your choices and what your credit report currently looks like. We'll be happy to guide you and let you know of your chances Smiley Happy

Thanks for the info and I'm hoping it did go up or at least it will put me in a category where I can obtain more credit.

I have no idea what to apply for though or what's out there for someone like me. So that's what I'm hoping you fine people can tell me or suggest for me to check in to. So should I do another post later with all of my information on the cc so that others can make suggestions based on it?

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 13 of 45
audia4
Established Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:
Yes, they will still do a hard pull even thought you have pre qualified offers...however you may get better limits or APRs now that that baddie is gone Smiley Very Happy

Ok, see the last thing I want is for a bunch of inquiries to go on there and bring my score down. So I'm looking for the best cards/options to apply for in hopes to be approved and then wait awhile to obtain more. As of right now, I have 1 hard pull on there and that was from obtaining my Walmart Discover card back in April. They approved me for $800 to start and then 3 months later gave me another $1000 (I didn't ask for it). So I know that you should only do 1 or 2 hard pulls per year (is that right? Or is it every 2 years?) in order for it still to be "safe" and not looking like you are just out there searching for money.

Message 14 of 45
kk627
New Contributor

Congratulations! My day was last Monday - last settled charge off fell off. All clean reports across the board. Such a great feeling!

Message 15 of 45
audia4
Established Contributor

@kk627 wrote:

Congratulations! My day was last Monday - last settled charge off fell off. All clean reports across the board. Such a great feeling!

Did you go and pull a new report and if so, did you find that your score significantly increased?

Message 16 of 45
kk627
New Contributor

Just FYI, I pulled my Experian FICO on 8/16. It was 682 with the one last chargeoff. On Monday 8/19 when it fell off, I checked and it was 729! A 47 point jump!

Message 17 of 45
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

The inquiries game is unpredictable. I prefer to follow a one hard pull every 6 months for best results. Some people have had success even with 5+ or 10+ inquiries in their report, but maybe don't have the best terms and conditions they could have obtained.

So do any of those pre-qualified offers strike your fancy? If not, what are you looking for in a card? Cash rewards? Point based for travel? 0% intro APR? Overall low rates?

Also what does your credit report look like? Utilization? Current credit lines? AAoA? Oldest trade line? Etc.
Message 18 of 45
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I'd try for NFCU.  With a clean report.....I would expect a nice limit on something.  Since NFCU is not really inquiry sensitive, I've been getting all of their products and have no need for anything else.  Of course, YMMV.

Message 19 of 45
parakleet
Valued Contributor

@audia4 wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:
Credit scores do change on a day to day, and maybe more frequent, basis. So as soon as those items drop off, your score is updated to reflect the new report!

Hopefully your score did go up, but it is hard to tell. As someone else mentioned, you could have been rebucketed. This means that people with certain qualifiers are graded against one another. For example, you had a great score for someone with one baddie. Now that you have no baddies, depending on what your profile looks like, your score may not jump as high as you think, or go down a little, because now you're being judged by others who have no baddies.

You should be okay for applying for anything you think you need at this point in time, but before you do, post another thread indicating your choices and what your credit report currently looks like. We'll be happy to guide you and let you know of your chances Smiley Happy

Thanks for the info and I'm hoping it did go up or at least it will put me in a category where I can obtain more credit.

I have no idea what to apply for though or what's out there for someone like me. So that's what I'm hoping you fine people can tell me or suggest for me to check in to. So should I do another post later with all of my information on the cc so that others can make suggestions based on it?

Congrats on the baddie falling off. It's hard for anyone to tell you what CC they think would be right for you - only you can decide what you want from a CC. Of course, there are the usual suspects - Freedom+CSP combo, Amex BCP, PRG, SPG, Discover IT, Barclay Arrival, US Bank Cash+, and the list goes on. I suggest you start looking into what types of cards you'd benefit from based on your spending pattern then go from there.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.