Regular Contributor
Boonie

FINGERHUT no longer reporting

My Fingerhut account has not reported since January, just before they transferred to Meta Bank.  There has been no reporting on this account to any of the credit bureaus by Metabank/Fingerhut since.  Apparently, this account no longer reports at all.  Has anybody else noticed this?  Is this merely a Merchant account now?   

2/18/14 FICOs, Ex 635, Eq 683, Tu 662
Frequent Contributor
BobbyJ

Re: FINGERHUT no longer reporting

[ Edited ]

Boonie -

I noticed the same thing with my account.  It has not reported since they switched to Metabank.  I was thinking that I might have to charge a small amount and pay it off to see if that will start them to report.  I have no idea what is going on with them.  I know that I lost an $800CL that  was reporting before they made the change.  I still get plenty of catalogs from Fingerhut all the time.

I guess time will tell what they are going to do in the future.

Bobby

Ch 7 Filed on 10/10/13 ; Discharged on 1/14/14.
Fico Scores: EQ 618 (2/28/14) EX 622 (3/22/14) TU 638 (3/5/14)
AAOA 6 yrs 2 mos. Credif File Age: 29 years
C1 Quicksilver Plat MC $3K / Fort Knox CU Plat Visa $5K / Lowes $7K / HSN Card $3K / Walmart Store Card $2K / GE Retail Credit Card $2K / Macys $800 / Target Red Card $500 / Fingerhut $600.
Regular Contributor
Boonie

Yeah, the purchase idea came across my mind.   I will make a small purchase on my account today to see if it shows up on my credit reports.   I still have a balance of $25.99 per my statement received this week, and my credit reports shows the CIT/Fingerhut as sold or transferred. 

I will post if my reports are updated, otherwise, assume there is no continued reporting from Fingerhut after January 2010 on my reports.  

2/18/14 FICOs, Ex 635, Eq 683, Tu 662
Valued Member
wayne6372

Yes they Still report to Equifax and transunion.My account shows sold transferred to another lender and the new one reports.

jamiejay

they report to my transunion every month... not equifax or experian I dont think though

Established Contributor
ifinet

Boonie wrote:

My Fingerhut account has not reported since January, just before they transferred to Meta Bank.  There has been no reporting on this account to any of the credit bureaus by Metabank/Fingerhut since.  Apparently, this account no longer reports at all.  Has anybody else noticed this?  Is this merely a Merchant account now?   

:smileysurprised: .....they deserve a Finger for that!

Mega Contributor
LS2982

I just opened a new credit account with them 2 days ago. I spoke with their member relations and they do report to EQ / TU. You do need to make purchases apparently for them to report.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Contributor
creditguy-378

i have had fingerhut over 2years and they have always been metabank and they report to the cb mine reports to all 3

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like your working just for the task master

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+