Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIRST pre-approved offer EVER!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FIRST pre-approved offer EVER!

I don't know - kind of an exciting moment for me when I got my mail and noticed my first ever pre-approval letter. It was for the Citi Simplicity card. I was interested in a Citi card because you can often get concert/events tix pre-sales and have a chance to get better seats.............. but I think I've done enough damage the past few months and will ignore it.... but it was still nice to get! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Re: FIRST pre-approved offer EVER!

Sure is a nice feeling to get those preapproval solicitations. Congrats on your recent success!

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 2 of 8
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Same thing just happened to me (first preapproval ever) but it was for the Home Depot store card lol. Fun times.

Message 3 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1  Only get the ones you will use.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 8
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!! This is why I am opted out. My husband is not opted out and he gets weekly offers for cap 1 and credit one.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know - kind of an exciting moment for me when I got my mail and noticed my first ever pre-approval letter. It was for the Citi Simplicity card. I was interested in a Citi card because you can often get concert/events tix pre-sales and have a chance to get better seats.............. but I think I've done enough damage the past few months and will ignore it.... but it was still nice to get! Smiley Happy

Congrats on your recent success!

Give it 6 months and give Citi a shot!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just added myself back to the list to get pre approvals lol.

Message 7 of 8
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Nice offer! Put it to the side and give your self a few weeks to think it over.In any case congrats!

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.