Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNB card closed-chance of reopening?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FNB card closed-chance of reopening?

My FNB of Omaha was openend in Feb. 1995.  My account was canceled two months ago because over-limit balanaces.  I now have it back under control and will be paying it down.  Do you think there is a chance they will re-open my account at some point?  Thanks...
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: FNB card closed-chance of reopening?

Don't wait for them...call them now.  You never know.

How long were you over the limit?  If it was for something like 6+ mos, they're likely to decline.  If it was only 1 or 2, you might have a chance.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was over the limit 5 months in a row...this is the first month I will not be over....think I should call?  If my account is closed, the credit line is still figured in my debt util., correct?

Also, will they need to pull my CR to re-instate my account?

Message Edited by rlsrlj on 11-18-2009 09:31 AM
Message 3 of 4
cdtotten
Established Contributor

I would give them a call; can't hurt. Yes, closed accounts factor into your utilization if it has a balance on it. It will continue to factor in until the balance is $0 and then will be removed from the factoring. You shouldn't get a hard pull; most companies allow 3 months after you close to come back, so in this case you probably have the same leeway. On the other hand, they may ask you to reapply (hard pull).

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.