Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO CLI online resulted in HP… ugh

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

FNBO CLI online resulted in HP… ugh

I got my updated EX Fico for Jan. from FNBO and it's still a 690 and I clicked on the CLI button and last time I got a message that I couldn't request because it's a secured card but this time it gave a regular menu for requesting but the menu gave zero mention of credit report on file, new credit, a pull... nothing! so I moved forward and requested... got a message I would hear by mail.

this morning I get alert that they pulled HP on EX, sigh (I'm not trying to fight it TO hard because I did clearly push it and I know WAY to well if I ask I should expect) but I thought I would call in and ask about it... first rep was surprisingly not all that friendly...

I said I know it's a secured card and that's probably why it's different but I know if you have a card and call in you can see if your account is eligible for sp CLI and so since the online thing did not mention any credit pulls I figured it would use what was on file.

rep: no, we ALWAYS do a hp for all requests, we don't do sp requests. (and this is what makes me mad! why would you tell me something SO FALSE and you know it!)

me: well the online form did not mention the credit pull at all and I didn't really want to take a pull right now so I wouldn't have prcoessed it, so I wanted to see about having it recoded.

rep: 1. you applied for it so we had to do a pull and 2. we can't change that.

me. well it can be recoded as a sp and since the online thing did not mention a hp, I don't feel like I gave permission for the hp.

rep. we can not by law change the inq.

me. that is not true and by now I have already been asked to be transfered, so I say again, we clearly are not going to see eye to eye on this so could you please transfer me to your credit department.

after a few minutes she introduces a lady from credit and INSTANTLY the call changed.

she was SWEET AS PIE.

she asked so the online form did not mention credit pulls?

I said no, I just thought it might be sp since you just got my updated report.

she said, yes you can call in and see if the account has a pre-approved sp cli but when you request online it's not like that but if you don't mind I would like to check into it not saying online that it would need to pull credit, can I please call you back.

so in about 30 seconds, she told me about the sp CLI and said the online SHOULD have told me about a credit pull being done if I submitted.

when reps don't know or dont' have the power to do something it would be so much easier if they just got someone that did instead of get nasty and blame me.  I'm waiting for call back now but either way because the credit woman was so nice I'm okay with any way this comes out, just was hoping to not do another hp with them because I was going to take one once my bk dropped off also.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: FNBO CLI online resulted in HP… ugh

Speaking of which she JUST called me to say she submitted the issue to her project manager and just wanted to call me and make sure I didn't think she wasn't working on it but it would probably be tomorrow before she got an answer back about it and she would call me then (they are eastern time).

THANK YOU Smiley Happy

she was like okay great, thank you so much and have a great night!

First National Bank of Omaha you made my A-OK List today!

Message 2 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Yep, I have several FNBO cards, forget the luv button (its always HP) and use phone, just ask for pre-app sp cli as she has said. If they tell you none available on the phone and you ask for it anyway it will be a HP.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Appreciate your tenacity! FNBO will do SPs if you call the CSR and ask them to see if there is a pending CLI. Did it the fall of 2013. They gave me a CLI of $5,000. I had told them NO HP. What FNBO Cards do you have?
Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Appreciate your tenacity! FNBO will do SPs if you call the CSR and ask them to see if there is a pending CLI. Did it the fall of 2013. They gave me a CLI of $5,000. I had told them NO HP. What FNBO Cards do you have?

I have a secured card which was CLI by $100 at 6 months automatically.  I have had it about 8 months now.

Message 5 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The Nice rep called me back today to say the online system had a glitch and the wording that requests online would result in a hp were not showing up so I could leave the INQ and they would process the CLI or she would withdraw the CLI request and remove the INQ.

I asked for the INQ to be removed because I was really waiting until after my bk dropped off to take the hp and try for the CLI.

YAY Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Interesting thread with some good info... is FNBO considered a prime or sub-prime card issuer?  I have not heard of them and now want to explore. -Barry

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 7 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Prime!
Message 8 of 10
drkaje
Senior Contributor

The Ex FICO score might be worth takig an HP.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are presently restricting credit cards to their banking service area unless marketing contacts person beyond their geographic area.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.