Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Discover DENIED

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

FNBO Discover DENIED

i got a little confident and could no longer resist the urge to apply for this card. they either deny it right away or it takes a week or two to manually go over. well i got denied right away. oh well. i will receive the denial letter and update this.

Including capone ventureone signature and cash rewards world last year, this is the third time i have been denied new credit since december 2005 while intentionally applying for credit, and also having a credit report clear of inaccuracies. i was denied several other times however under different conditions, because when i was denied, i had inaccuracies that i could clear up, or i unintentionally applied for credit not knowing i was appling for credit. this is the second bank to deny me new credit knowing i was applying for it as well as having an accurate report since december 2005.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: FNBO Discover DENIED

What report did they pulled?

Message 2 of 14
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i don't know what it is right now.

Message 3 of 14
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Interesting...do you bank with FNBO? I wonder if that help with the chance of approval.

Message 4 of 14
andre181
Established Contributor

They pull EX

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 5 of 14
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

They pulled EX for me.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 6 of 14
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

they pulled EX

Message 7 of 14
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Wow!!!!

it turns out i was denied for one reason only.

YOU CURRENTLY RESIDE OUTSIDE OF OUR SERVICE AREA

that was it. im going to recon this. does anyone have a backdoor number i can recon this?

Message 8 of 14
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i called and it looks like some of the cards they offer are restricted to being offered depending on location. like the discover fbno, is restricted location wise; but the platinum visa is not. go figure.

Message 9 of 14
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

someone help with this. i could really go for a back door number right about now.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.