Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Firm Inquiry Criteria

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

FNBO Firm Inquiry Criteria

So i cold app'd for an Overstock.com MC last month, waited, waited, and then waited again. All told maybe a week before getting the email turn down for this store card. This card is a FNBO branded MC. I got busy with my work so i didn't bother to recon and so just decided to wait for the letter. This last week it came and the only reason for denial was, what else? TOO MANY INQUIRIES IN THE PAST 12 MONTHS.

For pity's sakes, it's just a store MC i thought so today while posting in the forum and such and got to thinking it over and then i went ahead and called their RECON DEPT and spoke with a nice young lady U/W. I explained my INQ's (9) on Experian and that they were all approved for specific purposes, each card for a respective use. And i have to share this with the rest of you deciding you might want to app for an FNBO  or FNBO branded store card. They may have different criteria for their BankCard, i dunno.

She was nice enough to give it to me perfectly straight though. She said their INQ limit (at least for this card) is a solid 4 for my SS number for approval. I thanked her for that very useful informative tidbit so i don't waste another EXP HP 6 months later applying for it again. So at least from what she passed along to me, they are Extremely sensitive to especially INQ's from the past 12 months and no amount of dynamite can persuade them otherwise. Smiley Happy

If anyone else has had completely different experiences on this you might want to chime in with your results. But i thought this correspondence today might be useful for

someone and prevent them from wasting a HP due to FNBO's INQ limits.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

Re: FNBO Firm Inquiry Criteria

Thanks for the info

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 2 of 4
Involver
Valued Contributor

FNBO will auto deny if you're over a particular threshold of inquiries on your ARS report (which seems to be 4, from your discussion).

If that report happens to be frozen, they won't auto deny you for the INQs.  

From what I have heard, though, you cannot recon the auto INQ denial.

I will say for sure that I had more than 4 INQs on EX when I was approved.

Message 3 of 4
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Involver wrote:

FNBO will auto deny if you're over a particular threshold of inquiries on your ARS report (which seems to be 4, from your discussion).

If that report happens to be frozen, they won't auto deny you for the INQs.  

From what I have heard, though, you cannot recon the auto INQ denial.

I will say for sure that I had more than 4 INQs on EX when I was approved.

Yep, that's so Spot On!

They pull ARS and that was the buggy boo. I completely forgot about their tapping ARS Data.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.