Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO First Airmiles 2% Amex Card - effective upto 2.9% Travel Cb 10k bonus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FNBO First Airmiles 2% Amex Card - effective upto 2.9% Travel Cb 10k bonus

Got a mailer for the following card. Looks like, this is an awesome 2 points on everything card,which according to doctor of credit, redeemable for statement credit (at 1 cpp) or a domestic airline ticket (up to 1.45 cpp) effectively making 2.9% rivaling jcb marukai with no anuual fee.

Any one have any idea on it?

10000 bonus points

no annual fee

3% FTF

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FNBO First Airmiles 2% Amex Card - effective upto 2.9% Travel Cb 10k bonus

Depends on how competitive prices on their travel portal are. FTF on a travel card is a bummer. Also not a fan of the "up to" $x rewards structure....seems easy to come up short of the 1.4 valuation.

Also there are apparently two versions: one with no AF, one with an AF waived for the first year.

Interesting card
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Depends on how competitive prices on their travel portal are. FTF on a travel card is a bummer. Also not a fan of the "up to" $x rewards structure....seems easy to come up short of the 1.4 valuation.

Also there are apparently two versions: one with no AF, one with an AF waived for the first year.

Interesting card

Agreed!! But the card by itself is more than a 2% card with no AF. I think its better than all the 2% everything cards, except its an Amex. Had it been VIsa, I would bite the bullet and get it. But, Now contempalting. Waiting for some experienced members to chime in and provide their inputs. https://www.firstnational.com/dynapp/jsp/dynapp/airmilespointchart.jsp

Also, I think this Airmiles program is there for more than 10 yrs. Looks like they are revamping the product. If so, the next question to ask is..  if they keep valuing the points same as above program, once this card comes out publicly? Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting card

Agreed!! But the card by itself is more than a 2% card with no AF. I think its better than all the 2% everything cards, except its an Amex. Had it been VIsa, I would bite the bullet and get it. But, Now contempalting. Waiting for some experienced members to chime in and provide their inputs. https://www.firstnational.com/dynapp/jsp/dynapp/airmilespointchart.jsp

Also, I think this Airmiles program is there for more than 10 yrs. Looks like they are revamping the product. If so, the next question to ask is..  if they keep valuing the points same as above program, once this card comes out publicly? Smiley Frustrated

A later comment on doctorofcredit, from someone who called, shows the points are 1.25cpp for airfare, with some restrictions:  "I could only book non-refundable, round trip tickets with the return date within 30 days of the original departure date. Tickets can be purchased in anyone’s name but the tickets would be sent to the cardholder’s address."

What's not clear is the difference between the AF and no AF version.  1.25cpp with 2 points per $ isn't bad for a no AF card, less good for a $59 AF IMO.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting card

A later comment on doctorofcredit, from someone who called, shows the points are 1.25cpp for airfare, with some restrictions:  "I could only book non-refundable, round trip tickets with the return date within 30 days of the original departure date. Tickets can be purchased in anyone’s name but the tickets would be sent to the cardholder’s address."

What's not clear is the difference between the AF and no AF version.  1.25cpp with 2 points per $ isn't bad for a no AF card, less good for a $59 AF IMO.

There is some incosistency in the comments there -- One said, its signature visa that has some $59 fee. Another said, its AMex with $59 fee. The one I got is an amex with no fee and 2 points everywhere. I am thinking of applying but wanted an allround visa (for costco). If anybody got the invite for visa version, can u please post your terms here? Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.