Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO New Secured Visa?

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

FNBO New Secured Visa?

Looks like FNBO came out with a secured card. As well as Union Bank since FNBO owns its credit cards.

Union Bank:https://www.unionbank.com/personal-banking/loans-lines-credit/credit-cards/index.jsp

FNBO:https://www.firstnational.com/001/html/en/personal/cardproducts/creditcards/credit_card_main.html?ut...

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ezef3ar
Contributor

Re: FNBO New Secured Visa?

never in a million years   saw this one coming lol

i tought FNBO was a very conservative bank 

well im sure this is a good chance  for someone trying to establish or rebuild their credit history

with a big bank 

i wonder what are the requirements for aproval ?????

Message 2 of 4
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

A pulse, money, and a credit file?Smiley Very Happy

*edit: looking at another "site," I've noticed they'll go as low as mid 6's for their standard products, so I'd guess it's probably mid 5's as a low. After all, you're providing them with an interest free deposit for them to use.

Message 3 of 4
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

FNBO has offered this for years.  Not sure what the criteria is to setting it up etc.  It was originally designed to help their local banking customers who needed to establish credit to get a secured card to help them build.  THe problem is that they are so conservative that a person struggling with credit cannot open an account with them.  You use to have to have a fairly decent credit score to have a checking account with them.  Not sure if that has changed in the past few years or not.

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.