Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Preapproval, should I do it?

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: FNBO Preapproval, should I do it?

I like your thinking bernhardtra. Let us know the results!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 11 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I think you all should apply that have the pre-approval!

My partner has offer for Amex too (but we are both done with credit right now!)

todaySmiley Tongue

Message 12 of 28
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Well I did it, I pulled the trigger.  I did the application and I hope for the best, they said 3-5 days and I should know something.  I think in some situations they even do it the same day.  I will certainly recon it if they say no.  I will use the aspect of it was preapproved and they should have known how many inquiries I had. 

So should I also go ahead and try for the Delta Amex too?  After all I do have the inquiry already.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 13 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

Well I did it, I pulled the trigger.  I did the application and I hope for the best, they said 3-5 days and I should know something.  I think in some situations they even do it the same day.  I will certainly recon it if they say no.  I will use the aspect of it was preapproved and they should have known how many inquiries I had. 

So should I also go ahead and try for the Delta Amex too?  After all I do have the inquiry already.

Id go for Delta and if they say no, Id go for the Gold Rewards Charge... Get your foot in door and it's free for a year and then in 6 months you would be in good place for your Delta.

Message 14 of 28
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

Go for it!...lol. And keep us updated on FNBO!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 15 of 28
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

WELL  I  DID IT and I   GOT   IT. 

It was only a $2600 limit.

And once I got the message I got it I app'd for the Delta Sky Miles Directly and got that too. 

I am so completely done apping for ever!

Well not exactly forever......

Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 16 of 28
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@bernhardtra wrote:

WELL  I  DID IT and I   GOT   IT. 

It was only a $2600 limit.

And once I got the message I got it I app'd for the Delta Sky Miles Directly and got that too. 

I am so completely done apping for ever!

Well not exactly forever......

CONGRATS!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 17 of 28
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Yeah! Congrats!! 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 18 of 28
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

I would say go for it.

Got approved for 6k CL, and 11 months later, one auto-CLI and one requested CLI (ask if they have a preapproved CLI in for me on the phone) and the card sits at $9500. Since the first month, I have never had a zero balance, 12 months zero percent interest, for both CLI's I had a balance over 30%, currently had 60% reporting on the card for the CLI, this bank feels pretty close to the GE of prime lenders, You can call in and check for CLI's every 3-4 months and if they have one its a SP.

This card is now my highest limit...

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 19 of 28
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Thanks, it felt nice to get both.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.