Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO ..Really...?....

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FNBO ..Really...?....

@Anonymous wrote:
FNBO just sounds like an all around pain in the butt to deal with.

They're definitely "interesting".  Did your mom ever get the chance to have her application reconsidered?  I don't recall seeing an outcome on that.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope. Two calls so far and they won't budge.
Message 12 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Once you're in.  They seem like a pretty decent company.  Never had a problem with them.  And they do make payments and all very easy.  Now if they would just double my limit..............

Right.  It's the "getting in" for some folks that becomes the challenge.  And I though PenFed was picky!!  Smiley Tongue  Admittedly, they do have some pretty decent CC products.  I'm definitely considering the Savingstar AMEX next year.

Message 13 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Nope. Two calls so far and they won't budge.

Well that's a bummer! 

I Just Don't Get It.gif

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

815 EX FICO w/2 inquiries at the time.
Message 15 of 17
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
FNBO just sounds like an all around pain in the butt to deal with.

They used to be known for giving out high limits for people with average credit.  When I got mine there was much talk about that, but I didn't get as high of a limit as I was hoping for, it was Compass that gave me my first high limit.  (Which has only increased by $500 since I got the card and they don't sp CLIs or PC often.)

I have never had any issues with them and they have increased my limit rather nicely since I have had the card.  In fact it is the second highest limit, higher than my oldest card.  (Just guess which bank that is from....  Come on try and guess.  I will give you a hint.  EO was the way to get a higher limit.)

Other than not PC'ing, they have been great.  I will admit that if they do give me the rewards structure, that will be something and might open up the door later for change.  Especially if more people at least ask for that rewards structure.  It usually takes a mass of people doing something to get change to happen.  For example CapOne had to change for two reasons; masses of people from here going to the EO and they lawsuits they kept losing.

They have been one of my favorite, but useless cards.  Useless because of the rewards not being as good as others.  I think this is one reason they have decided to offer the new card.  However, it still seems to me that if they really wanted to compete with all the other rewards cards out there, they would allow PCing.  The new application policy just simply reminds me of CapOne too much.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 16 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
815 EX FICO w/2 inquiries at the time.

Score stinks and too many inquires geeze!  Must be a 820 w/1 inquiry!

**Note that 1 inquiry must not be in the last 6 months

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.