Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Terminated Accounts.

tag
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: FNBO Terminated Accounts.

Irish,

Thanks for posting that. I, too, suspected it, but certainly did not want to just accuse someone immediately.

To everyone:

Posts like these always have me worrying about AA - and it's stupid to think that. Right now, my Aviator is maxed. I'm paying it in a week, then maxing it again to fund my Citigold account. 

I bring this up, because like FNBO and PenFed (to a lesser extent), Barclay's is known as conservative and prone to AA. Maybe my Prestige approval will make Barclay's take AA on me - but probably not. I say this because I'm not sure I've read one case of AA on here that simply has ONE risk factor of default showing. Even if I let my Aviator report maxed, my overall inqs are low, my AAoA (without Prestige) is 23 mos, and my overall utilization has been at 1% (so maybe 3%..).

Please stop posting these fear mongering posts about creditors. It's annoying, they're (mostly) unfounded, and it does not help other members in their credit lives - which is one of the goals of this forum.

/endrant

Side note: If someone brings forth an idea that will not help them in the slightist, I will not coddle that individual. If we're truly supposed to be helping these individuals, give objective advice and challenge people's decisions. 

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 21 of 34
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

Side note: If someone brings forth an idea that will not help them in the slightist, I will not coddle that individual. If we're truly supposed to be helping these individuals, give objective advice and challenge people's decisions. 

Good objective advice for many of us (including me) would be "Stop spending so much time on these forums and do something productive!"

Message 22 of 34
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

2+2=5 that's how I feel about his post lately. How can someone have so many cards just keep closing on them. Doesn't make sense at all. You supposedly make gobs of money having your own music company/working for parents. Banks closing your accounts left and right. What next..............

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 23 of 34
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

Good objective advice for many of us (including me) would be "Stop spending so much time on these forums and do something productive!"

Probably true, but I'm at work and have to be at the front desk....on the computer. And one can argue that I find great sign up bonuses on here, making them a "bonus" of sorts. Sounds pretty productive to me Smiley Wink

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 24 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

If that was true, I think mine would have been closed a long time ago!  I have 10 inquiries on EQ!  There's more here than meets the eye..............

Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jon-Stewart-Eating-Popcorn.gif

Message 26 of 34
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Why the name change?
Message 27 of 34
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I'm thinking like Prince, the OP may have wanted to be known as the "Apper formerly known as Jonbuck06". It's probablya "credit image" thing Smiley Wink
Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am glad that you guys know whats up because I was about to say no FNBO cards for me. There is no need to lie on these forums. Doesn't help anyone.
Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I am glad that you guys know whats up because I was about to say no FNBO cards for me. There is no need to lie on these forums. Doesn't help anyone.

+ 2

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.