Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO and Inqs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FNBO and Inqs

I was thinking about getting a FNBO card for my local Sheetz gas stations (fairly regional on the east coast). They are all over the place and with their card you get 5 cents off per gallon (in addition to 3 cents from having a Sheetz card). For convenience sake I've considered getting one, however from what I have read, they manually review everything. My EQ has not had an INQ in over a year, my EX has a INQ from 1/11/17, prior to that the most recent was a car loan INQ on 3/7/16, which means tomorrow will be 2 years. My Fico scores are over 800 and 2% total debt on my cards. It appears FNB Omaha usually pulls EX, so I'm wonderin if I should wait a little longer since there's 1 INQ recently and 2 over the past 12 months. 

Any thoughts on FNBO and will they do a manual review and possibly ding me for too many INQ with EX?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: FNBO and Inqs

Really? Lol
FNBO isn't that strict. 2 inqs in 12 months? If you want the card ..Get it.
Those inqs won't stop you from being approved. You know.. there's nothing wrong with using your credit.😀
Message 2 of 7
peghede
Valued Contributor

Youll be fine ,no worry,go app now.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My DW got the Murphy one from them  several years ago its easy.  Discover sometimes has gas as a 5% bonus.  

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peghede wrote:

Youll be fine ,no worry,go app now.

I needed gas tonight and thought it would have been nice to have the Sheetz card, so I just applied and got approval. However, they don't tell you how much your CL is, only that it was approved. I called CS and they said it will take 24 hours to find out what the details are. I will only use it for Sheetz gas and in-store purchases anyway so won't carry balances each month, nor would I think the APR will be anything less than like 21% anyway!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Automated system said "congratulations, you are approved for $6K SL"

Message 6 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Ice ARS and IDA that is what FNBO will pull and they will see all inquiries not just ones on one report. As this is now an approval thread it will be closed to further comments and is directed to http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/FNBO-Sheetz-Approval/m-p/4883362#M478059

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.