Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO credit limit reallocation

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

FNBO credit limit reallocation

My Savingstar credit card is being replaced in 2 months with a generic 1.5% cash back card (the cash back reward for online purchases, and the online shopping mall, are already gone), and since I already have a 1.5% cash back card from FNBO that happens to have a 6.5% APR, I called to have them move the credit limits and close the Savingstar card.

I was informed that they do not do this. Thank you for the information, customer service rep...

So naturally I then called the backdoor number, and my request was processed immediately. My Savingstar card is now closed, and I have a 1.5% cash back, 6.5% APR card with $36,200 limit!

Never accept what the front line CSR's say as gospel... Its not written in stone.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: FNBO credit limit reallocation

Congrats on your outstanding new $36.2k CL themanwhocan!  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice... 6.5% apr.. Very nice!

Message 3 of 12
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Yep. This was that 6.25% APR, 1.5% cash back card that FNBO offered for about 2 months back in the summer of 2015. The APR increased with the Prime Rate, and i've been asking for SP CLI's on both cards on a regular basis. So now after combining the cards, this card is my 3rd highest limit.

PS: I asked a FNBO CSR a couple weeks ago about their credit limits. She told me that she has seen a few FNBO cards with $50K limits, and at least one with a $100K limit. So, FNBO might be a nice place to slowly grow a limit using SP requests. She did mention that at a certain point they start asking for proof of income, but thats OK.

Total $443,800
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

YOWZA YOWZA YOWZA I bow down to you!  (and you too galahad15)

What a card!!!

Message 5 of 12
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Total $443,800
Message 6 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Agree and those are the results.

Front line CSR's will never have the pazazz that the backdoor group wield.

Quite a nice new card limit to have with FNBO. Good effort!

Message 7 of 12
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Congrats ! 

I sincerely applaud you for going the distance in your acheivement.

SisterGirl
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Yep. This was that 6.25% APR, 1.5% cash back card that FNBO offered for about 2 months back in the summer of 2015. The APR increased with the Prime Rate, and i've been asking for SP CLI's on both cards on a regular basis. So now after combining the cards, this card is my 3rd highest limit.

PS: I asked a FNBO CSR a couple weeks ago about their credit limits. She told me that she has seen a few FNBO cards with $50K limits, and at least one with a $100K limit. So, FNBO might be a nice place to slowly grow a limit using SP requests. She did mention that at a certain point they start asking for proof of income, but thats OK.

First, congratulations, that's a great limit for that card!

Second, that's wonderful news. I'm hoping to trim down to 4 cards, ideally with 50k limits each, and I'm hoping one of them will be the 1.5/6.5 card. I've been wondering how high it can go, and income verification is no problem. Thanks for the news!

Message 9 of 12
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I think i'm just going to close mine period.. didn't know they were changing but it makes sense since the program is now a shell of itself.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.