New Contributor
Redissochi

FNBO has pissed me off for the 1st time!

Ok, I have the FNBO AMEX and so far I have loved the card. I have 0.00% apr until March 2014. Back in April, before they changed their online banking system, I transferred a Cap 1 balance with no issue. Paid it off and was pleased. Now I have 5 different store cards that carry a balance and GE's apr is horrible so I was like let me transfer these balances and then take my time to pay them off. Well I go to the online banking to set up the balance transfers and it wont let me do it! Now you have to have a special offer code in order to do it online. Now let me back track a little bit, the beginning of Aug I received the checks in the mail and a letter reminding me my 0% apr is good until March and take adavntage of the balance transfer yada yada yada. IT list three ways to do the balance transfer: Over the phone, use the checks or do it online.

It doesnt list a special offer code ANYWHERE on the letter. So I called FNBO after spending an hour trying to do this online only to get frustrated. The lady tells me that you can only do BT online when you have a code but she can do it over the phone. I said not true, initially I wasnt asked for an code in April this is new. And seeing that you all just sent me a letter listing online as a way to do my BT whats my offer code. She states you have to get one in the mail and we mail it every 3 months or so. Really? but she can do my BT over the phone. Sorry Ma'am, I am at work and I am not about to read out 5 long card numbers and take two hours to do this by phone. What happen to the convienance of online? I have had this card since Feb 2013 and NEVER received an offer code, only checks, encouraging me to use the BT feature for the 0% interest.

Anybody else had this issue? Anybody have the same AMEX wth an offer code I can use LOL this is so frustrating!!!!

Starting Score: 624
Current Score: 710(MYFICO 06/10/2013) Experian: 705 (Pulled from Bank of America while applying for an auto loan 5/2013)Goal Score: 800 Club

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
navigatethis12

Re: FNBO has pissed me off for the 1st time!

I get those wretched cheques all of the time. I do believe that there is a code on the paper to type into the box when you attempt a balance transfer online.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+