Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO inactive account. Your experience?

tag
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

FNBO inactive account. Your experience?

FNBO sent me a letter saying I haven't used my account in 7 months and well they'd like me to use it. They make account & limit decisions by reviewing accounts.... So am I looking at account closer or a CLD? I don't want them to close it even though I don't use it. I get better rewards from other cards.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FNBO inactive account. Your experience?

@MoreRewards wrote:
FNBO sent me a letter saying I haven't used my account in 7 months and well they'd like me to use it. They make account & limit decisions by reviewing accounts.... So am I looking at account closer or a CLD? I don't want them to close it even though I don't use it. I get better rewards from other cards.

Which account? I have their FNBO Discover with 1/2% on purchases and it is worthless in today's rewards market. My problem is FNBO has been good to work with and their customer service centers have been Omaha NE and Yankton SD where they are easily understood. As to their products ... Aprs are too high and the rewards are at best 1%. Considering closing the FNBO Discover as I can't justify using it.

Message 2 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Contact them and verify.

Message 3 of 9
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

I have the Amex the gas & grocery is less then SM and flour everything else is 1% so I can use SM in conjuction with 5% gas/groceries for 1% general spend. Maybe I should jus let it close.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 4 of 9
Involver
Valued Contributor

I use my Amex for balance transfers from time to time because they send me no fee transfer checks all the time.  I PIF the transfers immediately to show usage.  They've been very liberal with CLIs.

Message 5 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I didn't really use mine much for about 5 months, then I gave them a big charge and asked for CLI. I don't know at what point they CLD but you might consider putting a small charge on it every month or so, just to keep it active.
Message 6 of 9
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

I might use it a little. The only reason. I want to keep it is for the free score.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Throw em a bone once in a while...If the score is worth a couple bucks to you let em make a few dollars in swipe fees. I'm all for maxing rewards, but that is a reward in and of itself. What is it worth in real dollars?

Message 8 of 9
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Great way of looking at it!
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.