Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO secured cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FNBO secured cards

I have come across a lot of FNBO's secured cards with rewards. I saw speedway, overstock Mastercard and best Western mastercard. Are there any others through them? I am trying to pick the best one.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gibeon
Established Contributor

Re: FNBO secured cards

I think the BofA is incredibly well regarded. 

They have a couple - a $99 deposit for $500 limit that (I think) is usually a counter offer to an unsecured card, or the straight secured card, which you can add 123 rewards to.

I would DEFINITELY recommend a card that graduates.

This chart is super helpful:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Updated-for-2015-Secured-Credit-Card-List/m-p/3856240/h...

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info and the list
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The boa cash card is 22.99 apr. If I got a secured card and addEd the cash back, do you think I would stay at the secured rate of 20.24 or will it increase to 22.99?
Message 4 of 8
gibeon
Established Contributor

medwar1 wrote:
The boa cash card is 22.99 apr. If I got a secured card and addEd the cash back, do you think I would stay at the secured rate of 20.24 or will it increase to 22.99?

That's an excellent question. I have no idea. I am half way through adding the rewards to my BofA secured card (the fully-secured version). I got the secured card, now I'm just waiting for the rewards to be added and for the new card to be sent out.  No one has mentioned APR's, but I'll check on it when I get mine.
If you're worried about APR, but want some type of rewards, the SDFCU has rewards (but doesn't graduate) and has a very low interest rate.

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I think I will try boa. I need a secured card that will hopefully graduate. If I get declined for that I will try fnbo. Thanks again.
Message 6 of 8
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have come across a lot of FNBO's secured cards with rewards. I saw speedway, overstock Mastercard and best Western mastercard. Are there any others through them? I am trying to pick the best one.

savingstar.com has a secured version.   https://savingstar.com/credit_card/secured_card?inline=true

I think after I was rejected for the New York Life visa signature card, they sent me an application for a secured version.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.