Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOOLISH APP SPREE UGH!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FOOLISH APP SPREE UGH!

Hi everyone, does anyone know if you have to many inquirers into CCs some creditors will drop you or close your accounts? I got a wake up call and got denied after a foolish spree. I feel so ashamed of myself because I know better than to apply for more than I need. I'm just concerned about AMEX dropping me now. I have 9 INQs and was approved for 5 CCs 3 were utilities one was the denial and that was the last app I did. My ficos are 773,770,729. AAoA. Is 3.2 yrs.
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: FOOLISH APP SPREE UGH!

It's entirely possible.  Amex especially, but Barclays Mostly.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply, Barklays are the ones that denied me so it makes sense to me now lol.

I am currently at 8% UTL so I hope that will help me if AMEX does consider my accounts with them.
Message 3 of 37
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the reply, Barklays are the ones that denied me so it makes sense to me now lol.

I am currently at 8% UTL so I hope that will help me if AMEX does consider my accounts with them.

Honestly, I wouldn't sweat it.

You just need to chill out w/ the apps and don't become another apppkbar.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 4 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes Repo you are so right I definitely need to chill! I will be doing that. I need to learn how to garden at this point. I have read member's talk about gardening or being in gardening mode but haven't been able to find instructions on how to do it yet. I can honestly say I've learn my lesson.
Message 5 of 37
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I opened eight or nine cards after American Express and they have not decreased the limit or closed the account. Barclays has not done anything either. I do not know my average age of accounts but my credit history is only two years and one month old so you are in a better position than me. As long as no derogatory information is on the reports I think you would be fine.

Message 6 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navigate you've just given me a good reason to relax. Ive debated writing on the forum because I felt so dumb but couldn't stop worry about the damage I may have cost myself. Thank you so much for giving me a reason to see it could possibly be ok. NO MORE APPING FOR ME. for a long time. I'm learning how to garden. Thank you!

oh thankfully I have no baddies.
Message 7 of 37
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

No problem. I think reading all the stories of people getting shut down just gets people nervous. It just seems like a lot because it is all concentrated in this one places. This forum is just a small percentage of people with credit cards. Anyway, again you are welcome and happy gardening.

Message 8 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I kept reading the post of people getting approved with lower scores and great CLs. It seemed like a good idea at the time but after the denial I woke up so to speak. I think I'll steer clear from reading the approval post for awhile lol. I still cant understand how that had such an influence on me. Lesson learned.
Message 9 of 37
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I kept reading the post of people getting approved with lower scores and great CLs. It seemed like a good idea at the time but after the denial I woke up so to speak. I think I'll steer clear from reading the approval post for awhile lol. I still cant understand how that had such an influence on me. Lesson learned.

Hate to type this but you're supposed to call Barclay and ask for recon.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.