Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOREX Fees with BOA

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

FOREX Fees with BOA

Although i knew that my BOA Cash Reward would incur FOREX fees, I used it since I don't think I have a card that doesn't have FOREX fee.

Man after spending 2 weeks overseas, Paris, Germany etc, I come back with $105 of FOREX fees yikes !!! I need an international card.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: FOREX Fees with BOA

@CS800 wrote:

Although i knew that my BOA Cash Reward would incur FOREX fees, I used it since I don't think I have a card that doesn't have FOREX fee.

Man after spending 2 weeks overseas, Paris, Germany etc, I come back with $105 of FOREX fees yikes !!! I need an international card.

If the FR thread you said you had an Amex Plat.  That has no FOREX

Message 2 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

If the FR thread you said you had an Amex Plat.  That has no FOREX

Yes but I wanted to revolve some of the account since it was an expensive trip. I was not looking to pay it all at once Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
core
Valued Contributor

You should get a Discover.  No FT fee, plus it keeps that impulsive vacation spending down since nobody takes it.

Message 4 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

@core wrote:

You should get a Discover.  No FT fee, plus it keeps that impulsive vacation spending down since nobody takes it.

Lol very true ..I was in Paris and no one would take AMEX. So I was forced to use my BOA Visa

Now Discover might be a bigger challenge.

Message 5 of 12
uswala
Senior Contributor

You can get a CapOne QS which will be accepted everywhere.

Message 6 of 12
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Diners Club Smiley Tongue
Message 7 of 12
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

My Boa TR doesn't have forex fees.

Message 8 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

My Boa TR doesn't have forex fees.

I had this one but closed it a while back. In Europe, using AMEX can be tough. I should probably break out the CSP.

Message 9 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Could just PC that BOFA card to Travel Rewards if you need a no forex Visa / payment over time option.  The Cash rewards side usually is beaten by other lenders in terms of reward structures but I keep my Travel Rewards just for this reason.

        
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.