Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP & Me!

tag
KayMD
Valued Member

Re: FP & Me!

Thanks James! I have almost all the cards you have in your profile. I have a great wife! She knew her mistake in the end. But me and her are working very hard each month on fixing it.I took on this deployment and it's paying off I'm only 24. I see the finish line and my love is stronger than money. I can replace money but you can't replace love.

Message 11 of 16
elim
Senior Contributor

Before you do a thing, Pull your reports and see why your scores are in sub prime territory.  Start fixing some stuff when you can.  Not sure if fee's being waived due to being deployed includes late fee's, and you are for some reason taking advantage of this but FP and AMEX are not your major problem here...  It's the 580 scores.

Pull reports and be sure you have a clean start date from your last late payments and/or derogs. Keep it clean from that point forward.

edit: just read you are maxed out, that will do it also.   gl    

Message 12 of 16
KayMD
Valued Member

Thanks! I'll need to do some serious research.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KayMD wrote:

Thanks James! I have almost all the cards you have in your profile. I have a great wife! She knew her mistake in the end. But me and her are working very hard each month on fixing it.I took on this deployment and it's paying off I'm only 24. I see the finish line and my love is stronger than money. I can replace money but you can't replace love.

You are welcome. This is what this forum is about, being able to give our point of view on different situation. When it comes to cards, not every card is good for everyone. What cards work well for some, will make no sence to others. If depends on how you use the card, what you spend on the card and what rewards work for your situation. Also remember, that it does not happen over night. Rebuilding will / could take some time. For example, I have a card that most on here would say is not any good, but for my situation, what I use the card for and how the rewards and other features of the card are structured, it works well for me.

Message 14 of 16
KayMD
Valued Member

I think I found the problem ever since Amex closed the account and are reporting it as "Closed" it has impact my score. Also I'm getting dinged with 120 Days Late until the account is paid in full and my account then reinstated.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KayMD wrote:

I think I found the problem ever since Amex closed the account and are reporting it as "Closed" it has impact my score. Also I'm getting dinged with 120 Days Late until the account is paid in full and my account then reinstated.

I do believe you are right. I would get that paid off as quickly as possible and turn it into a positive trade line.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.