cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPB card lost now fraudulent charges ....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FPB card lost now fraudulent charges ....

I called FPB to confirm my statement date for next month and I questioned the balance because it should have been $0 but knew there was an annual fee coming up.   

I thought I had this one locked up but evidently I must have dropped it or left it at the last place I used it on 10/04 (Fedx Kinkos).

This was also the last charge listed on my Oct statement.   I just pulled out my Nov statement and there is 1 charge for $5.74 from Fedx Kinkos and the FPB CSR said that there are charges from Nov 3 - Nov 25 mostly at Fedx Kinkos.  I honestly know that 10/04 was the last time I used it there as I was copying and faxing paperwork.   So I am now assuming that someone has been using this there for internet access.

I paid the balance in full ($300) just so that the card will report $0 when my statement closes on Dec 7th.  FPB CSR immediately closed it and advised that I would receive paperwork in the mail to sign and return. They will turn it over to their Fraud Dept for resolution.  I explained to her that I was only paying the charges so that my statement would report a $0 balance not that I was agreeing to the charges. She was extremely nice but I am livid !!  I don't know how I could have let this happen but also am even more frustrated with the person(s) who used my card.

Thankfully they weren't able to do too much damage and I know that I can resolve this with FPB.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FPB card lost now fraudulent charges ....

Sounds like someone is using it at FedEx and if that often it is probably an employee pocketing cash payments in favor of charging customers purchases to your card.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking the same thing.  It is a Fedx Kinko's on "Rush Street" in downtown Chicago. Exactly the place where something like this would go on (not that it couldn't happen anywhere).

I hope they can trace it back to the guilty party.  
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should have waited until after my payment posted to report this......

My statement was due to close on 12/5 and I PIF'd even though I am disputing charges so that I would have a $0 bal in Dec.

I just logged onto TC and FPB reported on 12/2 after I reported this card lost with bal $43/$400 CL - so much for my UTL 1-9%...... My statement is due to close on 12/5. Do you think FPB will report again to the CRA's ?  
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That little increase is not going to hurt you.  Do you have scorewatch? If so if it alerts you to a chnge, let me know.  If so the change will only be temporary.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know - it's just really frustrating.    Not to mention the addl $300 I had to pay FPB even though I am disputing these charges.

I do indeed have SW but haven't seen an alert yet. Believe it or not I haven't even received a SW alert for my BOA CLI from 1.5 weeks ago even though it is updated on my CR's.

Message 6 of 15
positronicshell
New Contributor

bummer bw!
hope they catch the thief!

xoxox jane
hey, careful man! there's a beverage here!
My FICO: TU - 725 EX - 736 EQ - 747
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

busywoman wrote:
I know - it's just really frustrating.    Not to mention the addl $300 I had to pay FPB even though I am disputing these charges.

I do indeed have SW but haven't seen an alert yet. Believe it or not I haven't even received a SW alert for my BOA CLI from 1.5 weeks ago even though it is updated on my CR's.

I would never pay a disputed balance.  Whtever ding to your reports would be short lived.  I hope that FPB doesn't give you the line, oh welll you paid it too bad.

Message 8 of 15
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Get a police report too, it'll help you recoup your losses.  Unfortunately they probably won't investigate a small amount... cc co or police.

Since the card number is (hopefully) cancelled, you might want to send a copy of it to the manager at that Kinko's and notify them that the person who will be using the card and getting declined with it had stolen it.  Maybe they might call police or at least note that person's account info so you can press charges.  Unless it's an employee that stole your number...
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. I will definately file a police report. I hope I receive the info in the mail tomorrow.

I will fight this to the end. I really didn't want to be at 80% UTL this month on this card after coming so far. That is the only reason I paid.     
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.