cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FR AMEX !!!!! _ WHAT DID I DO WRONG ??

tag
Scene
Regular Contributor

Re: FR AMEX !!!!! _ WHAT DID I DO WRONG ??

How much did you claim as your annual income?

Message 41 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

There were a million and one new posts while I was typing that bit.

11 new accounts in a month? That's a bit excessive and certainly helped. You'll probably have a hard limit but survive. 

And yes business type charges on a personal card can look suspicious. Especially if they're things only a business would really purchase.

Message 42 of 98
Ron1
Super Contributor

I don't think 11 new accounts triggered it. I think it was his spending.  He should have spend less for first three months. Using a new credit card just like breaking in a new pair of shoes. 

Ron.

Message 43 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be fair, CreditScholar, short term disability and long term disability, as provided by private insuraers, typically are for "Your job".

I'm a Paramedic.  If I have an injury that prevents me from working as a Paramedic, I get paid, even though I can work somewhere else, such as in the office.

Message 44 of 98
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:

Length of credit history - 1 year 7 months

AAOA: 8 months 

I am 22

In all seriousness, those 3 lines tell the story.  Add in your hefty spending and a F/R was bound to happen imo.

Message 45 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AF_23 wrote:

@youngman1234 wrote:

Length of credit history - 1 year 7 months

AAOA: 8 months 

I am 22

In all seriousness, those 3 lines tell the story.  Add in your hefty spending and a F/R was bound to happen imo.

I dont think so. My AAoA is only slightly more and age is less. I charged 3x stated income on platinum in the first month and had no problem.

Message 46 of 98
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Ron1, 

Here is the problem I work as a manager for my older brothers company... Due to recent economic conditions many of the vendors no longer give credit on his name and good faith anymore. Now he needs to pay up front for goods, his credit is not great but not his fault. When he hired me to work for the company I started helping him by letting him use my cards. So all those cards I have he uses for the business, not for personal use. What can we do I know your not supposed to, but no banks are giving business credit cards or loans right now....... He set up a new company so he is not well established to get business loans.....  I can not just tell my brother tuff luck deal with it, and plus he gave me a job. So we are using the cards and paying off in full either before the statements cuts or when they are due.  

As for the amex we were using it for little charges and personal use like shopping for christmas for the family and stuff like that. We only charged lil business expenses on it under 1K charges.... one of our vendors by accident charged a large charge for 2k on the amex by accident.. They were supposed to charge another card, and by accident used the amex... We were thinking to have them credit the account back, but since it went threw we said fine who cares and said we will pay it off next week..... 

any suggestions..... 

our goal is to build the credit limits and just use a couple of the cards and just put the rest in the sock drawer.... 

Message 47 of 98
youngman1234
Established Contributor

TannerK, 

are you serious... How long have you had your amex ??? My goal was to also get a platinum business card in the future...... so that i dont have to run everything through our personal cards 

Message 48 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@youngman1234 wrote:

TannerK, 

are you serious... How long have you had your amex ??? My goal was to also get a platinum business card in the future...... so that i dont have to run everything through our personal cards 

Around 2 months. Second billing cycle closed today. I may be an exception to most with Amex though. They did verify my assets. 

Message 49 of 98
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:

TannerK, 

Only for the interest of what's best for you, don't listen to tanner... Being an AU on a platinum card isn't the same as having a platinum card.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 50 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.