Did you mean: 

FR'ed by AMEX -- funny joke

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: FR'ed by AMEX -- funny joke

What made my aggravation wose is that:

- They talk to me like i was an idiot

- They wwere wrong when they told me FR's are random (AMEX doesn't have that much time on their hands). FR's happen when they have detected something fishy; something concrete that they see on your credit profile, not just becuase some machine selected me like the lottery.

- They act holier than thou

- I was polite to them until they told me that it was either send papers or my CL stays at $1000. Basically all the things I told them about having a flawless payment history with them, member since 2000, nothing negative in any of my credit file; they totally discarded everything and told me they need papers.

I use maybe $50 on this card a month (dunkin donuts and panera here and there) and always PIF. It's not my primary card at all. I just keep it alive.

My Primary card is my BOA Privileges Cash Reward card.

Message 11 of 17
red259
Super Contributor

Wow. I would be tempted to close my accounts with Amex if they pulled that type of stunt with me. Glad it worked out, but its annoying you had to take time out of your day to deal with their stupidity.   

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to your success and standing your ground Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 17
core
Valued Contributor

So they didn't even freeze the account.  Hrm.  That almost doesn't even seem like a real FR.

If they offered to leave my card open with a low limit in lieu of me sending the docs in I think I would have just bent over and said "Please sir, may I have another?" and counted my blessings.  Then I'd run high multiples of my CL through that card every month anyway by pushing payments.

Message 14 of 17
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I gave up on AmEx years ago because of nonsense like this - back when my business was doing well (15+ years, with a steady decline after that) I ran well over $200k in business expenses, $250k in sales and probably at least $50k a year in personal spending through AmEx - closed all my major AmEx cards and lines, except for a very small limit no AF card just to keep the tradeline (1978).

Millions and millions of dollars of spending and sales through a very small family business and the "loyalty" only went one way - I feel your pain, but it does not surprise me at all.

edit= too many typos

Message 15 of 17
red259
Super Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

I gave up on AmEx years ago because of nonsense like this - back when my business was doing well (15+ years with a steady decline after that) I ran well over $200k in business expenses, $250k in sales and probably at least $50k a year in personal spending through AmEx - closed all my major AmEx cars and lines, ecept for a very small limit no AF card just to keep the tradeline (1978).

Millions and millions of dollars and sales through a very small family business and the "loyalty" only went one way - I feel you pain, but it does not surprise me at all.

I'm sure the other lenders you use are more than happy to have that business now. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 16 of 17
CS800
Super Contributor

I used to run more $$ through this card and nothing ever happened. So once I made BOA my primary card, I dialed down from about $1000 a month on that card to $50 something. Started doing that last August.

AMEX never bothered my in the past (even when my credit scores were mid 600's). Now i'm high 700's and they decide to FR me? What has this world come to?

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.