Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FREE offer from Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FREE offer from Amex

To Ames card holders ...

Has anyone received and got actual certificate from Amex?   It is Two FREE $100 Restaurant Certificates offer.

As a valued Cardmember, you are eligible to receive two $100 Restaurant Certificates valid for savings at over 16,000 restaurants.  There is a one-time club processing fee of $2.99 charged to your American Express Card.  As a Cardmember, you will receive automatic annual renewal of your club membership at special rates.

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR FIRST 2 MONTHS OF CLUB MEMBERSHIP ALONG WITH YOUR TWO $100 RESTAURANT CERTIFICATES.

PLEASE RETURN BY: 3/11/11

Do you know is that certificates are real?  If so it may be worth to pay $2.99 one-time fee ... and cancel the club membership before first two months end.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DI
Super Contributor

Re: FREE offer from Amex

@Anonymous wrote:

To Ames card holders ...

Has anyone received and got actual certificate from Amex?   It is Two FREE $100 Restaurant Certificates offer.

As a valued Cardmember, you are eligible to receive two $100 Restaurant Certificates valid for savings at over 16,000 restaurants.  There is a one-time club processing fee of $2.99 charged to your American Express Card.  As a Cardmember, you will receive automatic annual renewal of your club membership at special rates.

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR FIRST 2 MONTHS OF CLUB MEMBERSHIP ALONG WITH YOUR TWO $100 RESTAURANT CERTIFICATES.

Do you know is that certificates are real?  If so it may be worth to pay $2.99 one-time fee ... and cancel the club membership before first two months end.

Sounds like a awesome deal.  Seems like all of sudden the big banks are dishing out sweet deals.  I wonder what's going on.  Maybe its a way to help increase spending and keep rebounding the economy after several dismal years. 

Message 2 of 6
jason10
New Contributor

I use Restaurant.com all of the time and it saves me a ton of money. You can generally get $25 certificates for $2-3. $25 certs are normally priced at $10 but Restaurant.com sends out daily emails with discounts of 60-90%. The certificates can generally used anytime and have few limitations (alcohol excluded).

The $25 certificates require a $35 purchase, resulting in a $10 final cost + 20% tip (automatically included) + tax. $50 and $100 certs are offered for some restuarants, as well.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jason10 wrote:

I use Restaurant.com all of the time and it saves me a ton of money. You can generally get $25 certificates for $2-3. $25 certs are normally priced at $10 but Restaurant.com sends out daily emails with discounts of 60-90%. The certificates can generally used anytime and have few limitations (alcohol excluded).

The $25 certificates require a $35 purchase, resulting in a $10 final cost + 20% tip (automatically included) + tax. $50 and $100 certs are offered for some restuarants, as well.

jason10 ... Thanks for the information.

But, I am not looking for to purchase the certificates for the restaurants.   My question was regarding the FREE Restaurants Certificate offer from Amex,

Message 4 of 6
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

To Ames card holders ...

When I first logged into my Amex account this offer was available to me but I believe my time-frame expired as I no longer see it!  I thought the offer was too good to be true haha Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
jason10
New Contributor

It's almost certainly worth it, if you're interested in any of the available restaurants. Go to restaurant.com and enter your zip code. Limit your search to restaurants offering $100 certificates. You can also read any limitations and exclusions, per restaurant.

How long do you have to cancel the membership?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.