Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRN Mastercard?

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Re: FRN Mastercard?

I see a lot of folks gettMing pop ups and pre approvals on a lot of sites with the shopping cart trick.  Been to several and registered and haven't  gotten one yet.   EQ 659, TU 738, EX 748.  I have Discover it, Chase Sapphire, Total Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom, Slate and others.  Utilization is about 15%.  Are my scores keeping me from getting the pop ups or is there more to it than just visiting the site and loading up the shopping cart and going to checkout.  I MAY be opted out but went to a site and opted in a few days ago.

Message 11 of 18
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Young, I see this is in the approvals, but you didn't app. Wonder why they put it here?
Message 12 of 18
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Are the rewards that great with this card?  I would think just linking something like Sallie Mae MC to FRN would get you the most back.  From the T&C you're also limited to 20 gallons per award redemption.

just my thoughts...but do not have the Sallie Mae yet..patiently waiting to app..LOL

Message 13 of 18
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@lg8302ch wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Are the rewards that great with this card?  I would think just linking something like Sallie Mae MC to FRN would get you the most back.  From the T&C you're also limited to 20 gallons per award redemption.

just my thoughts...but do not have the Sallie Mae yet..patiently waiting to app..LOL

Me too!! I'm waiting for optimal CL! Also want to get out of my Arrival 6 month window that I need to be good! Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 18
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I'm in Connecticut and Shell is high as hell here.

In my town, there's a BP and a Shell on the same block. The Shell is easily 10 to 15 cents more.

Our local grocery store, Stop and Shop, has a program with them where you do earn gas points, which can take some off. But it's only 10 cents off per 100 pts.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 15 of 18
jaebsf
Contributor

If I may ask, what did you mean by " I too canceled the first pop up, it will come back about 10 mins past 7 days worth of time."?  Are you saying the popup happened again after 7 days?

thanks

Message 16 of 18
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

The popup will come back around if you dismiss it.  It might take awhile, but it will.

Message 17 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Id get Vitacost before FRN and it is for sure a SP if you take it unlike the FRN by sounds of it.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.