Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRN Mastercard?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

FRN Mastercard?

So I got the dreaded Pre Approval for this card.
My instant gratification addiction to credit has me wanting to open it since it's no HP.
Then again, I did just open Chase Marriott Premier...
Lol anyone think I'd get a $10k+ limit?
I could close one of my other 17 cards if I needed to lol??

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: FRN Mastercard?

I got a12k limit through the preapprovals I also got a HP on EQ....don't say you weren't warned, lol.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 2 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

LOL... I resisted. I x'ed out of it and now it won't come back up. Thank goodness. I don't need another card!! Haha but a $12k cl is SWEET!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 18
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Are the rewards that great with this card?  I would think just linking something like Sallie Mae MC to FRN would get you the most back.  From the T&C you're also limited to 20 gallons per award redemption.

Message 4 of 18
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I just got the card, so I am still looking at the rewards (I should have done this before I got it, I know). I guess (in hindsight) if you use Shell gas already, it is ok. For me, I am in MI and Shell is the most expensive Gas around. You can earn points on dining which will get you 10cents per gallon discount. I didn't need a new card, or a HP but I guess I will take the 12k CL.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 5 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol!! These pop up preapprovals make me happy but the Comenity vards arent the best
Message 6 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Was an HP on EQ for me, app 5K earlier last week. I too canceled the first pop up, it will come back about 10 mins past 7 days worth of time. I dont know what kind of scoring they use it was not a number scale I recognized for any FICO model, their score range 479-898, i was at 740 on it and I got midline int rate of 20.99%, I had apped for a diff card 1 wk prior and EQ FICO was 773 out of 850.

Message 7 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

All of this Comenity mania and reading the run of approvals had tempted me several times to pull the trigger for it, except i already have 3 comenity cards now and shell isn't the norm where i live either. In fact would have to make a special trip just for the limited returns it offers which as already mentioned Sallie Mae is a more useful choice.

Add to that no pop up yet, and i'm finally regaining my control to not be so enticed by it. I did order the fuel card FWIW.

Comenity is ok i suppose but i much rather prefer to add new gecrb lines if it requires a HP, not Comenity. They seem to not grow as rapidly as ge.
Message 8 of 18
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@emptypockets wrote:

I just got the card, so I am still looking at the rewards (I should have done this before I got it, I know). I guess (in hindsight) if you use Shell gas already, it is ok. For me, I am in MI and Shell is the most expensive Gas around. You can earn points on dining which will get you 10cents per gallon discount. I didn't need a new card, or a HP but I guess I will take the 12k CL.

Me too!  The Shell near me actually advertises the $0.10 Kroger rewards discount on their sign to make their price appear competitive.  $12k limit, I'd probably take it too hah.

Message 9 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah, these Comenity cards are really growing on us. Idk if they recently became big or what, but there are a lot of the general purpose cards like Visa and MC. I wonder if there is a Comenity card issued on the Amex network ?? lol

I already have a few of them, but most of the ones I have were owned by WFNNB first. It would be awesome to replace my Express Credit Card and my Smile Generation card. I'd be better off with Visa or MC Comenity card lol. I certainly regret that Mypoints Visa pre approval I fell for over the summer. I've literally used the card a couple of times. It doesn't seem to have prevented me from getting approved for any of the other cards I've wanted LOL....

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.