Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTF's with Carnival cruise/bahamas?

tag
Scott90
Contributor

FTF's with Carnival cruise/bahamas?

Hey everyone...

I am going on a Carival cruise in a couple weeks and will be going down to the Bahamas.  I know the Bahamas is "technically" foreign, but they take American currency so I was wondering if a card with no FTF is required down there.  Meaning, if I use a card that does not offer no FTF, will I be charged one or is it not considered foreign on the boat and on the Bahama islands?

Also, if I need to use a card with 0 FTF, what are some of the popular ones?  I have a cap one quicksilver so I know that would work, but what are some others.  How about Chase Freedom?

Thanks in advance everyone and enjoy your weekend!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: FTF's with Carnival cruise/bahamas?

i did that cruise out of port-of-miami... great time!  have fun!

2 years later i bought a 42' sailboat and cruised south america and the carib for 5 1/2 years. tripppppppp  :]

edit: cruised mexico from miami... departed from port canav to bahamas (been awhile)

Message 2 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Scott90 wrote:

Hey everyone...

I am going on a Carival cruise in a couple weeks and will be going down to the Bahamas.  I know the Bahamas is "technically" foreign, but they take American currency so I was wondering if a card with no FTF is required down there.  Meaning, if I use a card that does not offer no FTF, will I be charged one or is it not considered foreign on the boat and on the Bahama islands?

Also, if I need to use a card with 0 FTF, what are some of the popular ones?  I have a cap one quicksilver so I know that would work, but what are some others.  How about Chase Freedom?

Thanks in advance everyone and enjoy your weekend!

Expect FTF, it's outside the US that counts.   Cap One cards are fine, Chase Freedom has a FTF, CSP doesn't.   

Message 3 of 7
Little_Lulu
Contributor

I just got off the Carnival Sensation to the Bahamas last week. What ship are you going on?
Message 4 of 7
Scott90
Contributor

This time I will be on the fantasy, out of Charleston.

Message 5 of 7
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Yes I was in the Royal Caribbean this month and went to the Bahamas. It really all depends on the merchant but yes for the most part there is a FTF. Discover IT was my main card due to no FTF and 2% cash back on all international purchases.
Message 6 of 7
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Have fun btw! Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.