Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FU after Freedom and CSP ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FU after Freedom and CSP ?

I just get the CSP with SL 8k , I have the Freedom (now is 10.5k) from March 2016 (started with 6k),  and in my pre-approval offers  today the FU shows up (the Slate was always present).

I am thinking to get also this one before to apply for another card (Citi or Amex), but I am worried about the SL because I just got from Chase the auto CLI of 4.5k on the Freedom and the CSP with 8k.
WIth the FU I could use the FU for all the spending, the Freedom for the 5% categories, and the CSP for the travel/dining and for book the flights..

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FU after Freedom and CSP ?

@Anonymous wrote:

I just get the CSP with SL 8k , I have the Freedom (now is 10.5k) from March 2016 (started with 6k),  and in my pre-approval offers  today the FU shows up (the Slate was always present).

I am thinking to get also this one before to apply for another card (Citi or Amex), but I am worried about the SL because I just got from Chase the auto CLI of 4.5k on the Freedom and the CSP with 8k.
WIth the FU I could use the FU for all the spending, the Freedom for the 5% categories, and the CSP for the travel/dining and for book the flights..

The 3 go well together if you're stockpiling UR points so if that's the case, I'd go for it.  I wouldn't worry about the starting limit as you can always move around the limits from your other Chase cards.  You really don't need 10.5K on your Freedom as the bonus categories are maxed each quarter so I'd keep that card closer to $5K.  Good luck if you apply

Message 2 of 5
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

thats interesting theory Irish about keeping freedom CL low. Maybe i ca trasnfer some of CL over new CSR

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I collect UR points so that trio works awesome if that's the goal!
Message 4 of 5
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Definitely get the FU. I have the CSR with $50K, Freedom with $18k. Still debating if I should apply for a new FU (to get signon bonus), or to convert my 2nd Freedom to FU.

About any card with CL at $10k range is enough. You do not want to keep $20k balance with 20% interest rate.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.