Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI Amex Credit Secure...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI Amex Credit Secure...

...includes Lost Wallet Protection, an otherwise $40 service/year. An unexpected perk I learned about calling in today.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: FYI Amex Credit Secure...

@Anonymous wrote:

...includes Lost Wallet Protection, an otherwise $40 service/year. An unexpected perk I learned about calling in today.

Sounds like a good service - how does it work ?  Do they automatically notify your creditors on your behalf if your CCs are lost/compromised ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizzadude wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like a good service - how does it work ?  Do they automatically notify your creditors on your behalf if your CCs are lost/compromised ?

If you lose your wallet or it gets stolen, you call them and they take care of canceling all your accounts and getting new cards out to you, even your non-Amex cards. Same with your passport and driver's license, they'll get replacements for you too. You register your stuff with them which takes a couple minutes online.

I signed up for Credit Secure so that I could review all 3 of my reports in one place (I've never done this before believe it or not). I also wanted to make sure my recently opened/closed accounts report correctly in the next month or two and then cancel the service. I may keep the Lost Wallet Protection though.

Message 3 of 13
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Sounds helpful, and if they can really get a new passport or DL for you ( instead of just telling you who to call, etc... ) then that is a great service.

Message 4 of 13
CS800
Super Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Sounds helpful, and if they can really get a new passport or DL for you ( instead of just telling you who to call, etc... ) then that is a great service.

Word !

Message 5 of 13
Guava
Established Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

totally! How I dread dealing with the DMV

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 13
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Guava wrote:

Yeah !   Totally worth it if it would save you from having to stand in line at the DMV.  Or passport office.....

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizzadude wrote:

@Guava wrote:

Yeah !   Totally worth it if it would save you from having to stand in line at the DMV.  Or passport office.....

I wonder if it actually works, don't particularly want to find out! Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 13
TheConductor
Established Contributor

Just an update...this is apparently no longer the case.  CreditSecure still includes ID Theft Insurance but does not have Lost Wallet Protector.

Fine by me as I have LWP with the Go Pack on my Zync, but something to bear in mind if you were hoping to get access to LWP this way.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 9 of 13
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Could that be the case for those who recently signed up for Credit Secure? I have been a member for a while, and just checked my account. Lost Wallet Protection shows up under the My Benefits section. It allows me to add or edit credit cards or documents in my profile.

I was unaware of this benefit until recently.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.