Established Contributor
dyv8914

FYI Amex Credit Secure...

...includes Lost Wallet Protection, an otherwise $40 service/year. An unexpected perk I learned about calling in today.

pizzadude

Re: FYI Amex Credit Secure...

dyv8914 wrote:

...includes Lost Wallet Protection, an otherwise $40 service/year. An unexpected perk I learned about calling in today.

Sounds like a good service - how does it work ?  Do they automatically notify your creditors on your behalf if your CCs are lost/compromised ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Established Contributor
dyv8914

pizzadude wrote:

dyv8914 wrote:

Sounds like a good service - how does it work ?  Do they automatically notify your creditors on your behalf if your CCs are lost/compromised ?

If you lose your wallet or it gets stolen, you call them and they take care of canceling all your accounts and getting new cards out to you, even your non-Amex cards. Same with your passport and driver's license, they'll get replacements for you too. You register your stuff with them which takes a couple minutes online.

I signed up for Credit Secure so that I could review all 3 of my reports in one place (I've never done this before believe it or not). I also wanted to make sure my recently opened/closed accounts report correctly in the next month or two and then cancel the service. I may keep the Lost Wallet Protection though.

pizzadude

Sounds helpful, and if they can really get a new passport or DL for you ( instead of just telling you who to call, etc... ) then that is a great service.

Super Contributor
CS800

pizzadude wrote:

Sounds helpful, and if they can really get a new passport or DL for you ( instead of just telling you who to call, etc... ) then that is a great service.

Word !

Established Contributor
Guava

pizzadude wrote:

totally! How I dread dealing with the DMV

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
pizzadude

Guava wrote:

Yeah !   Totally worth it if it would save you from having to stand in line at the DMV.  Or passport office.....

Established Contributor
dyv8914

pizzadude wrote:

Guava wrote:

Yeah !   Totally worth it if it would save you from having to stand in line at the DMV.  Or passport office.....

I wonder if it actually works, don't particularly want to find out! :smileytongue:

Frequent Contributor
TheConductor

Just an update...this is apparently no longer the case.  CreditSecure still includes ID Theft Insurance but does not have Lost Wallet Protector.

Fine by me as I have LWP with the Go Pack on my Zync, but something to bear in mind if you were hoping to get access to LWP this way.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12)
Current: EQ 670 (myFICO 9/8/14), EX 694 (Prosper 7/17/14) , TU 693 (WalMart 9/2/14) Goal: 700+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Amex Zync NPSL (> 10k), C1 Venture VS $5k, Amex SPG $4.5k, Walmart (Store) $2.5k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Best Buy Rewards MC $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k
Valued Contributor
Epcot

Could that be the case for those who recently signed up for Credit Secure? I have been a member for a while, and just checked my account. Lost Wallet Protection shows up under the My Benefits section. It allows me to add or edit credit cards or documents in my profile.

I was unaware of this benefit until recently.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 816 EX 780 TU 823
App free since 4/11/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}