Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI BOA Better Balance Rewards Card

tag
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

FYI BOA Better Balance Rewards Card

Converted my Cash Rewards Visa Signature card to the Better Balance rewards card a few weeks ago and noticed it was converted to a Platinum Plus Visa card. Inquired today for the hell of it to see whether there is a Visa Signature version of the Better Balance Rewards card. The online rep confirmed yep and my new Visa Signature card should be arriving in the next 2 to 4 weeks! Just wanted to update the group!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: FYI BOA Better Balance Rewards Card

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

Converted my Cash Rewards Visa Signature card to the Better Balance rewards card a few weeks ago and noticed it was converted to a Platinum Plus Visa card. Inquired today for the hell of it to see whether there is a Visa Signature version of the Better Balance Rewards card. The online rep confirmed yep and my new Visa Signature card should be arriving in the next 2 to 4 weeks! Just wanted to update the group!

Awesome. The power of asking, lol

Message 2 of 12
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

best of all they are gonna report the limit!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 3 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats WTG

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 12
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Nice!!!!! Congrats! Much easier than getting Chase to change to a Visa Siggy!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 12
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Yah, good to know since I also have that card.  Thanks for the info. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
lenz99
New Contributor

There is no signature version of this card. I've done the same few months ago, approved by the online agent but later received a letter that the request can't be completed.

Message 7 of 12
toi34
Established Contributor

The Better Balance Reward card is a goal, but the pre-approval indicator keeps coming back with "...we do not have a pre-approval offer for you...blah, blah, blah"

...anyone know what the criterion is? Fico? AAoA? Baddies?

Message 8 of 12
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

FYI, you can also convert to WMC version, and it still will report CL. I converted mine, and it's still reporting on all 3

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 9 of 12
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@toi34 wrote:

The Better Balance Reward card is a goal, but the pre-approval indicator keeps coming back with "...we do not have a pre-approval offer for you...blah, blah, blah"

...anyone know what the criterion is? Fico? AAoA? Baddies?

You shouldn't always base what you qualify for off of preapproval sections on the banks website. Bank of America doesn't even do a soft pull, they just give you a card to apply for. Chase never has preapprovals for me but they never deny me.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.