Reply
Valued Contributor
daisyduke
Posts: 1,320
Registered: ‎04-18-2009

FYI - Bank of America Platinum Plus Card - CL not reported with EQ and TU

I just pulled CCT and TC reports. Looks like my Bank of America Platinum Plus card is no longer reporting CL with EQ and TU (no change yet on EX, which has been typically the fastest CB to report a change), just high credit now is being used.

 

True Credit I know sometimes one should not care about how a third party reports a CC, but FWIW, it is reporting as a flexible spending credit card. whatever that means, I have no idea.

 

 

Anyone else notice this change on their BOFA card?

 

 


Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98
Posts: 4,275
Registered: ‎09-06-2008

Re: FYI - Bank of America Platinum Plus Card - CL not reported with EQ and TU

ours reports the same as always.....is yours a signature card or one of those special high limit cards?  maybe that's why.

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 766. MyFICO TU: ---. DCU EQ: 741. PSECU EX: 756.
Valued Contributor
daisyduke
Posts: 1,320
Registered: ‎04-18-2009

Re: FYI - Bank of America Platinum Plus Card - CL not reported with EQ and TU

Hi Laz98

I dont' think this card is a sig card. I have and use this card, so I don't think the card was converted to a signature. 

 

I'm an AU on this card from ex husband for my son's expenses. I called him and asked him if he changed anything and then he told me he got the slate card, I said no! That's another bank (Chase issues Slate). lol..  Was told didn't have time to deal with my credit reporting issues. Call back later...lol

 

Good news is that the card still works! Just bought my son some fishing rod gear tonight...not like it was shut down 

 

Bad News: another CL bit the dust!! I lost around $9 K in cl's now thanks to Boa, Macy's and Bloomies.


Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98
Posts: 4,275
Registered: ‎09-06-2008

Re: FYI - Bank of America Platinum Plus Card - CL not reported with EQ and TU

how funny, i'm just an AU too!  bank of america should be reporting in the next few days, so i will see if anything changes.

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 766. MyFICO TU: ---. DCU EQ: 741. PSECU EX: 756.
Frequent Contributor
bakalao2k
Posts: 448
Registered: ‎02-21-2009

Re: FYI - Bank of America Platinum Plus Card - CL not reported with EQ and TU

[ Edited ]

your platiinum card was converted to a signature card, just like mine.  i noticed the change on my transunion report a few days ago.  two months ago, bofa notified all of their customers of this product change. 

 

TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Regular Contributor
Duke-of-Earl
Posts: 204
Registered: ‎06-20-2009

Re: FYI - Bank of America Platinum Plus Card - CL not reported with EQ and TU

Dumb question, probably:  This was "converted to a signature card"?  From the discussion about CLs being reported etc., it must be a CC, not a debit card.  But I thought all CCs required a signature (beyond some "small" purchase limit that seems to keep going up).  Appreciate explanation, thanks.


Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
writemikep
Posts: 277
Registered: ‎10-21-2008

Re: FYI - Bank of America Platinum Plus Card - CL not reported with EQ and TU

 


bakalao2k wrote:

your platiinum card was converted to a signature card, just like mine.  i noticed the change on my transunion report a few days ago.  two months ago, bofa notified all of their customers of this product change. 

 


This would suck, since this is the card I let report each month, and it has a $20K CL

 

Established Contributor
Ulan
Posts: 790
Registered: ‎09-09-2008

Re: FYI - Bank of America Platinum Plus Card - CL not reported with EQ and TU

 


writemikep wrote:

 


bakalao2k wrote:

your platiinum card was converted to a signature card, just like mine.  i noticed the change on my transunion report a few days ago.  two months ago, bofa notified all of their customers of this product change. 

 


This would suck, since this is the card I let report each month, and it has a $20K CL

 


Issuers love to convert platinum cards into signature cards for CL's above $5k, as it gives them higher merchant fees. But yes, I feel your pain. I had to get a CU card with a higher limit in order to escape the "small special niche card reporting hell" that makes keeping the credit score in green territory quite a pain.

 

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98
Posts: 4,275
Registered: ‎09-06-2008

Re: FYI - Bank of America Platinum Plus Card - CL not reported with EQ and TU

[ Edited ]

 


Duke-of-Earl wrote:

Dumb question, probably:  This was "converted to a signature card"?  From the discussion about CLs being reported etc., it must be a CC, not a debit card.  But I thought all CCs required a signature (beyond some "small" purchase limit that seems to keep going up).  Appreciate explanation, thanks.


a signature card is not a card that requires a signature.  it's a higher limit card that usually doesn't report the CL.  think of world elite type cards.

 

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 766. MyFICO TU: ---. DCU EQ: 741. PSECU EX: 756.
Regular Contributor
Duke-of-Earl
Posts: 204
Registered: ‎06-20-2009

Re: FYI - Bank of America Platinum Plus Card - CL not reported with EQ and TU

 


laz98 wrote:

 


Duke-of-Earl wrote:

Dumb question, probably:  This was "converted to a signature card"?  From the discussion about CLs being reported etc., it must be a CC, not a debit card.  But I thought all CCs required a signature (beyond some "small" purchase limit that seems to keep going up).  Appreciate explanation, thanks.


a signature card is not a card that requires a signature.  it's a higher limit card that usually doesn't report the CL.  think of world elite type cards.

 


 

Thanks for clarifying.  Silly me, thinking it meant what it sounded like.  But this info leads to a further question, next post ....

 


Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+