Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI - Chase wouldn't CLI without HP

tag
Hooosier
Contributor

FYI - Chase wouldn't CLI without HP

I was approved for a Chase Freedom last week with 7K CL to go along with my other two no frills Chase cards with 1.5K and 1K limits.  I messaged their CS to see if they could use the same HP to do a CLI on the other two cards but they said no dice and they would have to do another HP.  I said no thanks.  They also said no to reducing the 29.99% APR I have on the other two cards even though my scores are all in the 710 range.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FYI - Chase wouldn't CLI without HP

@Hooosier wrote:

I was approved for a Chase Freedom last week with 7K CL to go along with my other two no frills Chase cards with 1.5K and 1K limits.  I messaged their CS to see if they could use the same HP to do a CLI on the other two cards but they said no dice and they would have to do another HP.  I said no thanks.  They also said no to reducing the 29.99% APR I have on the other two cards even though my scores are all in the 710 range.

The HP is a pretty well-known CLI practice for Chase - no surprise.  As far as your existing Chase heritage products, the rates are locked for those as the APRs cannot be lowered.  You would be better off applying for a separate Chase product to determine if you would qualify for better APR terms altogether.

Message 2 of 7
Hooosier
Contributor

I had heard that, too, but wanted to at least attempt a CLI without an additional hard pull.

Message 3 of 7
john398
Senior Contributor

@Hooosier wrote:

29.99% sounds like a penality APR, my freedom is 22.99% and my Disney is 14.24%...wish they would lower my freedom

Message 4 of 7
melbaro
New Contributor

Rather than taking the HP for a CLI, apply for a CS or CSP to go along with your Freedom. You're guaranteed a minimum 5k CL (signature). Earn the bonus then move limit over to the other "no frills" cards or vise versa. Personally I would close those and move the limits over to the Freedom and/or Sapphire.

Message 5 of 7
drkaje
Senior Contributor

That's Chase, for You! Smiley Happy

Things could have drastically changed over the several hours since the HP for approval, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@melbaro wrote:

Rather than taking the HP for a CLI, apply for a CS or CSP to go along with your Freedom. You're guaranteed a minimum 5k CL (signature). Earn the bonus then move limit over to the other "no frills" cards or vise versa. Personally I would close those and move the limits over to the Freedom and/or Sapphire.

Thats exactly what I would do.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.