Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI HSBC to CapOne Conversion - Reporting Issue

tag
Larkfield
Valued Member

FYI HSBC to CapOne Conversion - Reporting Issue

As an FYI, saw on my monitoring that my Orchard card that converted to Cap One is now reporting on a different date and not statement balance.   Just a heads up to those that PIF prior to due date may not like what they see this month.

Not sure if this is a conversion issue or something different that I need to manage on a go-forward basis.

WF Platinum (3K), CapOne Platinum (5K), Discover IT (1K)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: FYI HSBC to CapOne Conversion - Reporting Issue

Strange...I'm pretty sure my Orchard turned Cap One is reporting zero...

But as always YMMV. When I get home ill verify that it's definitely reporting a $0 balance!
Message 2 of 7
fairclok
Contributor

I actually called Capital One about this yesterday and spoke to them for approx 30-45 min.        They could not come up with the root cause as to why these transferred cards from HSBC reported on the 13th this month, but said something got out of sequence compared to their typical reporting procedures to the CBs.       I took a hit, since I PIF every month, but on the 13th I was at 70% utilization......my FICO score took a nice hit.

They said the card should go back to its normal reporting cycle next month, as it has in the past.    Report after the statement is cut. 

Either way, I"m going to pay next month by the 13th.   Just to be sure.   

Starting Score: Sept. 2012 EX FAKO 560; EQ FICO 590; TU FICO 576
2015 Score: Dec 2016 EX FICO 800; EQ FICO 790; TU FICO 810
Goal Score Met 2018: 825 or better on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 7
Larkfield
Valued Member

Makes sense.  Thanks for doing the research Fairclok.  I rarely use the card and the one time I do, it reports on a date different date and not my statement balance

Go figure...sounds like its going to be cleaned up next month...

WF Platinum (3K), CapOne Platinum (5K), Discover IT (1K)
Message 4 of 7
kk627
New Contributor

Happened to me too! I always pay on the 15th in full, with a 18th due date. The last few months I've only used the card for myFico membership of $5.38. On the 13th they reported a $5 balance and a $25 monthly payment. I've spent two days on the phone with Capital One and Experian to fiugre out why my monthly payment is more than my balance. I can forgive them for the mid-month reporting as long as it doesn't happen again.

Message 5 of 7
kk627
New Contributor

I also changed myFico subscription to my Freedom card, just in case Capital One pulls the same stunt next month.

Message 6 of 7
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Just got an alert...my Household card that usually reports on the 2nd or 3rd just reported.

Thankfully, the balance was lower than it usually is. Hopefully it'll go back to normal next month.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.