cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI: Save money on gas with your Walmart Cards!

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: FYI: Save money on gas with your Walmart Cards!

@webhopper wrote:

ROFL.  My husband is definately unique. He would be a likely star of Doomsday Preppers as well. He has about 10 yrs worth of ammo stockpiled, and he has about 50 different firearms. He was a sergeant in the USMC and somehow figured out how to wire up their whole base with electricity from generators and installed AC units which were "borrowed" from the army. This earned him the "NAVY AND MARINE CORPS ACHIEVEMENT MEDAL RIBBON" 

He has an engineers mentality and he loves a challenge. He is also very crazy and fun to be around. He takes good care of me, like my own personal bodygaurd / housekeeper / cook. He does most of the cooking and cleaning.

He doesn't like credit cards, but I talked him into getting the NFCU platinum card. I'm thinking of talking him into the Wal Mart store card or discover as well, so that he has two individual tradelines reporting.  We paid off his jeep in march, so he only has one tradeline, which is the credit card. He is AU on my Chase, Amex, and Discover cards. He refused to be added to my NFCU cash card... because he says there is no point and he doesn't even carry any of the other cards in his wallet except for the Amex and his Platinum MC.

Thank him for his service from me!

He does sound like a "good ole boy" for sure...a lot of the same interests as me, but my wife enjoys the convienences of city livin' and we both work downtown, but I told her the next house we buy will have acreage and NO neighbors to see me pee in my backyard!

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 21 of 38
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

ROFL.  My husband is definately unique. He would be a likely star of Doomsday Preppers as well. He has about 10 yrs worth of ammo stockpiled, and he has about 50 different firearms. He was a sergeant in the USMC and somehow figured out how to wire up their whole base with electricity from generators and installed AC units which were "borrowed" from the army. This earned him the "NAVY AND MARINE CORPS ACHIEVEMENT MEDAL RIBBON" 

He has an engineers mentality and he loves a challenge. He is also very crazy and fun to be around. He takes good care of me, like my own personal bodygaurd / housekeeper / cook. He does most of the cooking and cleaning.

He doesn't like credit cards, but I talked him into getting the NFCU platinum card. I'm thinking of talking him into the Wal Mart store card or discover as well, so that he has two individual tradelines reporting.  We paid off his jeep in march, so he only has one tradeline, which is the credit card. He is AU on my Chase, Amex, and Discover cards. He refused to be added to my NFCU cash card... because he says there is no point and he doesn't even carry any of the other cards in his wallet except for the Amex and his Platinum MC.

He does sound like a "good ole boy" for sure...a lot of the same interests as me, but my wife enjoys the convienences of city livin' and we both work downtown, but I told her the next house we buy will have acreage and NO neighbors to see me pee in my backyard!

Smiley Very Happy and here i thought i was the only one still doing that..LMAO

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 22 of 38
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

lol...nope!

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 23 of 38
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@j_casteel wrote:

@gettnthere wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

lol...nope!

I was raised on twenty acres in the middle of NOWHERE.

that being said, he gets his country fix by going out to the lease where there are no houses nearby. Our neighborhood has really large lots, like 1 - 3 acres each. While its not "city livin"  its rural but you can't go pee off the porch.

That being said, lets hear it for a great gas discount Smiley Wink  before the mods approach us for being off topic Smiley Sad

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 24 of 38
CS800
Super Contributor

@Jlu wrote:
Damn no Walmart gas stations in MA,

I'm in MA too and that's unfortunate that wally doesnt have a gas station. I know Nashua NH has it and thats about 30 minutes from me.

Message 25 of 38
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Im im MA too and only been to walmart once. It was full of gangmembers just chilling at the parking lot and asking for money. Everything was on the floor inside the store, people eating while shopping using the clothes in the.rack to wipe their hands...never went back lol
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 26 of 38
Jlu
Established Contributor

^LOL ew.

To all my people in the 617 781 508 978 774!

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 27 of 38
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Well darn!

Just got an email from Walmart and it's only a 5 cent discount in Oklahoma and Minnesota. Not sure why...maybe we're below the national average or something. 

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 28 of 38
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

dont forget 857!
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 29 of 38
CS800
Super Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:
Im im MA too and only been to walmart once. It was full of gangmembers just chilling at the parking lot and asking for money. Everything was on the floor inside the store, people eating while shopping using the clothes in the.rack to wipe their hands...never went back lol

LOL, which one were you in, Lynn ??

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.