FYI Wells Fargo CC's with Chip and Pin

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FYI Wells Fargo CC's with Chip and Pin

@dilettante wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

@enharu wrote:
I'm tempted to apply for this card, but after reading about the application results for people on FT, it seems like WF underwriting process is still very questionable.

Don't know why first text didn't post but anyway wanted to say that if you're speaking of the Propel card, I thought according to the FT thread, it was an easier process and approval for those that have a banking relationship. I tempted myself to see if they will PC one of my cards (highly doubtful but worth a call to see what they say) Smiley Wink

I studied the FT thread and yeah, it really seemed like non-existing customers were treated very inconsistently.  In the end I took a stab at it and was approved after a few days and verification.  I'm still surprised based on how many new accts I have, but it's too good of an offer not to try.

Message 11 of 12
hemi961
Regular Contributor

Re: FYI Wells Fargo CC's with Chip and Pin

I do most of my banking with Chase but had 4 small direct deposits totalling $1600 per month going into Bank of America. When Washington Federal bought the BofA branch here I still wanted to have 2 national banks so that I would have a greater chance of finding a branch or an ATM of at least one of them when I travel. Wells Fargo only has an ATM in a grocery store in town but that's all I need, so I opened a checking account to divert the deposits to.

I didn't intend to open a credit card but when the Propel cards started to be talked about on here a week after my checking account was opened I applied. I got the message that they needed further review and that I would receive a card or a letter in the mail in 7-10 days.  At the time my account had a $5 balance since they had taken out $20 to pay for the checks I ordered. Tuesday morning I got a letter stating that they could approve my account if I would send my latest 2 pay stubs. I faxed them at 10:30 and received a call at 3:00 congratulating me on my approval with a credit limit of $10k. I didn't really need it but figured it would serve as backup to my regular Amex cards. I've read a number of negative things about Wells Fargo but I'll give them a try.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.